M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of my steed with molding around the seam of the tank. I need to stop at pep boy's and pick up some that will cover the whole seam.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Re: Pics of molding on gas tank seam

broken link

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pics of molding on gas tank seam

I'm sure it is a operators error but man I have not been having a lot of luck with this. I did post all my pictures on frapper. Can you view them there if not I will try again. Let me know

·
Registered
343 Posts
It definately looks better with the chrome stripping than without. That's one thing I wish ALL Jap bike companies would learn. Take off that crappy seam. It really cheapens the look of a great performance bike.
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
it looks great on your silver bike. i'm wondering if it will look wierd on the black though (i.e. stand out too much, and not follow the natural curves).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Matches really well on the silver bike, but I have to agree, I don't think it would look the same on a blue or black bike.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I went to Pep Boys and purchased a pkg of 2 46 inch edge trim , it's thick and very high quality...not the cheaper foil over plastic crap.
it is solid with the glue inside of the trim...went on easily , trimmed about 7 -8 inches off and neatly trimmed the edge nearest the seat...to make it look like it
was made for the tank....The pic gives you the idea but up close it looks good ! By the way I have the silver too...I did one side and left the other side undone...
no doubt a great $6.00 mod I found so far.

I know you dark color owners are concerned..but try it, 6 bucks ain't nothing for a bike mod. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
A buddy of mine had a Honda Magna a few years back. His tank had that seam on it too. Even though the bike was yellow he put some black rubber stripping around his tank. Although you might not think it, the bike looked better because the frame was painted factory black. It might go well with the blue 109'ers and maybe even the black ones too. the rubber would definately take the shine off of the seam.
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My thoughts for what they are worth. Even though mine is silver. I truly believe it will accent the black and blue 109's as well because of all the chrome on the engine. Plus for the price of the molding you can't go wrong. I'm going to change mine to cover the whole seam. I noticed that on all Boulevard models the seam is the same.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I had a black Boulevard C50 with the Pep Boys molding and it looked great. Problem is, there's no Pep Boys anywhere near where I live now. :mad: Otherwise, I'd definitely do it again.

·
Registered
961 Posts
MY 109 is black, although we have Pep Boys I went to AutoZone and picked up some of the chrome molding. It looks great on Black it accents the rest of the chrome above the cyclinder heads. Try it, a very simple inprovement.

Cormierone

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cormierone said:
MY 109 is black, although we have Pep Boys I went to AutoZone and picked up some of the chrome molding. It looks great on Black it accents the rest of the chrome above the cyclinder heads. Try it, a very simple inprovement.

Cormierone
Never seen it on a black 109. Post some pics. that's the norm for this board. Welcome to the club :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts