M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All-

As much as I hate to do it, I pretty much need to put on a back rest for the wife and figured I would go ahead and get the luggage rack while I'm at it. Anyone have some photos of their set up? Suggestions?

Thanks a ton-

Red

·
Registered
72 Posts
Put the Suzuki set-up on a couple of weeks ago the missus loves it. I've got the gel seat as well. Although the passenger seat isn't a gel it is more comfortable (shaped) than the stock.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok now ya gotta tell me how ya make ur pics so big?? lol
A quick how to - have an online photo account (eg: photobucket) - link to the pic of your choosing in photobucket using the "Insert image" icon when composing your message. Voila! 8)

·
Registered
157 Posts
M109 cobra to M90 adaptation

I made some special bobbins to adapt a nice (and cheap) Cobra seatback to my bike; it works great. I think the standard M90 side rails that are part of the seatback look ugly, and that these M109s look a lot better. Further, I came up with a scheme to do tie-downs on the back of that seat. This allows me to hook my laptop backpack to the seatback - back-facing - rather than loading my spine down. (I never tried an image-insert here, so here goes nothing)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If you have the means, get a Corbin passenger seat & backrest. You can remove the backrest quickly and don't have to look at the hideous mounting brackets.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you have the means, get a Corbin passenger seat & backrest. You can remove the backrest quickly and don't have to look at the hideous mounting brackets.
Not only is it a quick release option so you can run the hard cowl.. but it is by far the best looking back rest option for our bikes. I got mine with the chrome back plate and i love the way it looks... only problem i am having with it now... i have a baldy custom seat so i will have to send my corbin seat to him to be redone to match... takes me about 2-3 min to take the hard cowl off and throw the corbin rear seat and backrest on... just enough time for my little guys to get there helmet on to go for a ride :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
T
Not only is it a quick release option so you can run the hard cowl.. but it is by far the best looking back rest option for our bikes. I got mine with the chrome back plate and i love the way it looks... only problem i am having with it now... i have a baldy custom seat so i will have to send my corbin seat to him to be redone to match... takes me about 2-3 min to take the hard cowl off and throw the corbin rear seat and backrest on... just enough time for my little guys to get there helmet on to go for a ride :)
Or you can do the deuce mod... and it is under 100$.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you much Gentlemen.

Feelo....if you have pics of the Corbin that would be awesome. I would like to have a quick release option as I am used to running a solo cowl (Like when I had the Busa), but....since you have to bolt and unbolt every time I have left the seat on for the wife since I got this bike.

I appreciate all the suggestions. I guess it is time to start shopping.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go with the cobra backrest and rack, its much more streamlined than the suzuki one
I prefer the cobra backrest and rack as well. I think it has the sportiest look of the sissy bars.:bigthumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm running the Suzuki large touring setup with gel seat(s). So far, I've had lots of compliments on the look. Some commenters say it makes the bike look bigger and I have lots of room for stowing stuff as well.

View attachment 25467 View attachment 25468

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
....if you have pics of the Corbin that would be awesome. I would like to have a quick release option as I am used to running a solo cowl (Like when I had the Busa), but....since you have to bolt and unbolt every time I have left the seat on for the wife since I got this bike.
The passenger backrest is held on with a bolt, so all you have to do is unbolt it and slide the backrest out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got this one. It's big but comfy and it came with the luggage rack all for the right price. I think it was Custom World or something...cost was half of cobra and everything else I looked into.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cobra M109 to M90

I made some special bobbins to adapt a nice (and cheap) Cobra seatback to my bike; it works great. I think the standard M90 side rails that are part of the seatback look ugly, and that these M109s look a lot better. Further, I came up with a scheme to do tie-downs on the back of that seat. This allows me to hook my laptop backpack to the seatback - back-facing - rather than loading my spine down. (I never tried an image-insert here, so here goes nothing)

Some better shots of it all.

The Cobra back-pad mounts happen to be 1/4-20 holes. Sound familiar? That's the standard camera thread, and there are tons of funny connectors for that - I'm using ball-joints as bungy tie points. These non-destructive bungies are from Lowe's (no metal hooks).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too have the Custom World. It is large but my wife really likes it. It takes 15 minutes to put on or take off.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts