M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:joke: :joke: :joke:

Well... I met with JunkYardDog this morning for breakfast. While I was there, he asked for me to take some pics of his bike, the new mods and post them here for all of you to enjoy... I happily obliged...

He is (and I quote him): "the most impatient man" with regards to mods.

1.- He got a hold of Hal's rear wheel setup, put some real shine to it and mounted it...

2.- He bought one of those laminar windshields that tack on with velcro, but did not like the way it deflected at speeds and how it changed the angle of the headlight beam. He took some some cutting tools and heat to it and customized it to where there is not rattle or movement of the windshild or headlight by securing it against the tach...

3.- I took some pics of his Drag Pac Style exhaust setup. I can testify that it sounds KILLER... I know he did the work himself and came out great, although he looked like he was stoned constantly days after thanks to the welding part...

JR, Perry, toneout and others have pioneered this mod and I love it...

Guys, I need the part number and/or pictures of the red carbon fiber exhaust can I saw posted a while back. I would also like to know how close it is to the 07's paint job. Your help is greatly appreciated...

Without further ado enjoy some of the pics of today:

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Junk Yard Dog and his son Jason:

Liked the shot of the fat ass??? So did I... Here it is again!!! :bigthumbsup:

Feel free to comment guys!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trouble_Is said:
Very creative use of the leftover heat shield on the swingarm :bow: :doorag:
Were you there? I said the exact same thing when I saw it... :bigthumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Looks good guys :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Toneout how you doing? for the front wheel i'm going to strip the paint and have it polished. the new tire handles better than the old one i think just because the compound is softer and grips better. hope to see you again at bikeweek. JUNK YARD DOG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks really good in person... The 280 in on the 10" rim is a killer combo in our bikes... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
it would be sweet if you could polish the rear hub too match the rear wheel, looks really 'bitchin' though!

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gaMrider said:
it would be sweet if you could polish the rear hub too match the rear wheel, looks really 'bitchin' though!

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
He mentioned powder coating it black... It shall look real good as well.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Really like the look of the tag and new lights...Could you give the part numbers and where to purchase??? Looks like you just cut the old part off flush with the tail amd mounted the tag to the existing plastic??

Thanks and great pics :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
junk yard dog said:
Toneout how you doing? for the front wheel i'm going to strip the paint and have it polished. the new tire handles better than the old one i think just because the compound is softer and grips better. hope to see you again at bikeweek.   JUNK YARD DOG
JYD, your bike is coming together nicely. I like the look of the new wheel/tire combo. The front will look good polished but I have a feeling that by Bikeweek you'll have the front that matches the rear. ;)

I am doing great and the bike is running unbelievable. I need a 280. See you in Daytona. This time the calamari is my treat. Unless we invite JMAC!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
toneout said:
JYD, your bike is coming together nicely. I like the look of the new wheel/tire combo. The front will look good polished but I have a feeling that by Bikeweek you'll have the front that matches the rear.  ;)

I am doing great and the bike is running unbelievable. I need a 280. See you in Daytona. This time the calamari is my treat. Unless we invite JMAC!
I told him he should not shortcut himself and get those babies chromed!!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts