M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation I finally purchased my black M109R yesterday. Think I got a pretty good deal at $10,985 plus tax and title. Still quite a few here in the Cleveland area and most dealerships are ready to deal. Now I'm just trying to break her in right so that I can get into the higher rev band.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
good deal :bigthumbsup: just got mine 3 weeks ago and just clocked 850 miles this morning. bought a service manual from www.oneidasuzuki.com and did the 600 mile service myself. always like to lay hands on my own bikes. I always make sure the service manual is one of the first things I buy. I have trimmed the mudflap off the back and used some after market signals front and back plus a tag bracket of my own design to tighten things up a bit. I also added the JSD-3M mod for full zing in 1-3 gears but still waiting on pipes/fuel management/air kit since none of it is out yet. take care of the paint, mine is black too and it scratches easy....no dry wiping!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i wouldnt stick too hardcore to the suzuki breakin proceedure. i would deffintely get on it a little bit, and change the oil a couple a times. i did the 1st at 50miles. have fun and  :welcome:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I think it is a waste of time and money to change the oil before the 600 mile scheduled change. Mine came out clean as new oil at 650 miles. It also drained 4 qts out I measured. Put 3 back in until it nearly ran out the dipstick hole then started it to get it in the filter and added the 4th qt. measured right on target per the Suzuki method.

·
Registered
411 Posts
mean109 said:
After much deliberation
?????????????????????????????? What was to deliberate? Me being a Floridian (but have lived in Germany since 1981 I sure do miss those loooooooooooooooooooooooong riding seasons but one advantage to living in Germany is, I can kick that mother in the a$$ on the Autobahn and never worry about getting a ticket

Congratulations on getting the next best thing to sex

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
steve j said:
I think it is a waste of time and money to change the oil before the 600 mile scheduled change. Mine came out clean as new oil at 650 miles. It also drained 4 qts out I measured. Put 3 back in until it nearly ran out the dipstick hole then started it to get it in the filter and added the 4th qt. measured right on target per the Suzuki method.
to each ther'ye own. for 8 bucks for decent dyno oil i always change my oil twice before the initial service on all my bikes. i also break them in slightly harder than what suzuki recommends. have fun and be safe. time to ride. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts