M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 150 mile ride back from picking up my brand new black 109. This might be a stupid question. Should I (dare I say) truck it back, or is it ok to ride it back during the break in period. I have already spoke to the dealer and sent him a check list of some of the problems I've learned on this site. Anyway, could use your thoughts. Thanks in advance, Stack

·
Registered
702 Posts
I rode mine 170 miles right off the dealer floor, part of the trip in the rain. Dead reliable.

The long trip will also alow you tgo get accustomed to how the bike sounds and feels in more situations.

Go for it! Ride it away.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have any broken legs so I'm going for it. I'll have a friend drive me down there in his truck and ride the 109 back. Stack

G

·
I would ride it back. Besides, if you truck it, you will get a stiff neck twisting it every five minutes checking on it to make sure it is ok. :joke:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
just check the oil+rear lube and make sure the front wheel is mounted in the right direction and the pinch bolts are tight. oh yeah, check the front fender for tightness, been known to fall off on the way home. :welcome: and ride it like ya stole it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the great info. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
One more thing...if you aren't familiar with riding on new bike tires, be very careful for the first while, and especially the first few turns. New tires are quite slick and can be very dangerous if you haven't scuffed them in a bit before cornering a bit more aggressively.

Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts