M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone has a picture of the plastic fuel filter neck that goes from the pump to the filter itself after its been snapped off ,could ya post it up please.

Thanx

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I dont have a pic but I know it breaks so easy and clean that at first most of us think it's supposed to come apart there.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a pic but I know it breaks so easy and clean that at first most of us think it's supposed to come apart there.
yep, i am well aware of that, thought the same til i couldn't put it back together:redfaced::redfaced:

i have already altered mine working on fitting an alternative filter on it ;) would like a picture of it the way it looks after it snaps off before messing with it for a HOW TO

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I've been running without one for over a year now. No Problems at all so far!!!

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I've been running without one for over a year now. No Problems at all so far!!!
Next time mine goes bad, I will probably do the same. What did you use to replace the filter to keep the fuel pick-up in the same location as the screen?
Did you just remove the mesh, but keep all of the plastic parts in the same stock location?

Anyhow, I do not think fuel contains to much stuff to plug filters. My 98 Ford Ranger still has the stock fuel filter, and a fuel pressure gauge shows the pressure to be on the high side of normal. Since the fuel pressure gauge is plumbed in downstream of the filter, if it was plugged the gauge would indicate such.

And some ten years ago I fitted a 2.5 gallon fuel can with a fine mesh filter in the spout. I keep 15 gallons of 93 octane in the garage, and fill my bikes upon return from rides. Transfer fuel from 5 gallon can to 2.5 gallon can, then pour into bikes tank. This fine mesh screen has not picked up anything in ten years of usage, NOTHING!

Since I fill my bikes this way some 99% of the time, I think I can safely toss the $50.00 POS filter. The only time I fill my bike at the pump is if we are further away than one tankful range. And that ain't often.

I fill my bike this way to prevent rust in the tank. A full tank leaves very little space for rust to develop.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I posted these photos a while back after changing my in tank filter, I always run 93 octane and buy from mostly the name brand stations.

New filter

Old filter

Old filter cut open

Some of the grime in old filter

I now change the filter every spring and yes I have broken one at the neck, they are very fragile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts