M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The issue where photobucket has "blocked" access to photos posted on third-party websites unless you pay $400/year may be resolved through the use of an extension. It's called "Photobucket Hotlink Fix."

I do not know how long this will work, but I have been using it for the last month. Check it out for yourself.

Also, ~original placed after the .jpg at the end of a Photobucket link will make the photo be visible.

So, if the link was s52.photobucket/username/MyPic.jpg, you can change that to s52.photobucket/username/MyPic.jpg~original and everyone will be able to see the image.

EDIT:
Here is a Fix for Firefox

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Thank you very much for posting this info. I've tried the ~original approach and that worked perfectly but i was wondering if you can give any more details about the chrome download link method please? What should i expect to happen when i download the fix?
Any further info you could give would be very helpful.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simply install the extension, then go into extensions (under "More Tools") and select "Allow access to File URLs", and, if you wish, "allow in incognito mode".

The only thing you should notice is that some images, previously not visible, will now appear properly.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Simply install the extension, then go into extensions (under "More Tools") and select "Allow access to File URLs", and, if you wish, "allow in incognito mode".

The only thing you should notice is that some images, previously not visible, will now appear properly.
So this is a fix for the particular device you use with a chrome browser installed and really has nothing to do with the forum itself? Meaning will i need to add the patch to all my decices?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts