M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the local Utah board, but I think this local dealership needs to hear from a lot of people that their crap won't be tolerated.

One of the big local dealerships in Salt Lake is trying to drive out the smaller dealerships. I guess there is a local ordinance that allows a dealership to file a complaint when another dealership relocates. Well, Honda Suzuki of Salt Lake has made a practice of this each time another dealership moves locations. The two times I know of, those dealerships have actually moved further away from that one.

Now, to avoid bad press, Suzuki has asked this other dealership not to sell any of their Suzuki inventory until the case is heard.

I think Honda Suzuki of Salt Lake needs to hear from many people that this bullying tactic won't be tolerated. They have already lost my business. Here is their website:

http://www.hondasuzuki.com/contact.html

Let them know your opinions on this. Driving out the competition will allow them to jack up the prices and we won't have any choice but to bend over and pay.

Oh, and here is the website for the dealer that is currently under the gun from them:

http://www.get2theedge.com/new_vehicle_category.asp

That dealership has a petition on their front counter for people to sign simply stating that we want more than one Suzuki dealership in the area.

Let our voices be heard!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What people can do is go to the Honda Suzuki link mentioned in the first post and send them an email. Emails don't indicate where you are from, and they can let that dealership know just how disgusted people are at this type of practices.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I bought from a large dealer who thought there prices didn't stink. But I used Ebay as a negotiating tool. When I showed them the 11,200.00 price on Ebay (which at that time was very reasonable) they started considering less than there 12,400.00 out the door price.
I bought mine for the Ebay price.

Anyway my point is there are always ways to negotiate a good deal. No matter who you are dealing with. Ride on brother. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts