M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed for the first time that there is some oil residue on the left side, after 700 miles. I am starting to open her up a lot more. The clamp I am referring to is the one that holds on the air box and the rubber plenum together. The left side, just came off and the right side I had to unscrew to remove the air box. Are you all even tightening those clamps back up? If so , what trick are you using? It might even scratch up the sparkplug cover while trying to tighten it up. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
817 Posts
rynosback said:
I just noticed for the first time that there is some oil residue on the left side, after 700 miles. I am starting to open her up a lot more. The clamp I am referring to is the one that holds on the air box and the rubber plenum together. The left side, just came off and the right side I had to unscrew to remove the air box. Are you all even tightening those clamps back up? If so , what trick are you using? It might even scratch up the sparkplug cover while trying to tighten it up. Thanks a lot.
Interestingly enough, I experienced the same thing. The left side does not hold tight with the clamp, even though I tightened my left one as far as it would go. The clamp on the right side tightens up fine. It's like they are different sizes or something. :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts