M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Whatever floats your boat.I am one of the many that think a shield ruins the looks.But if you like it good for you make it your own.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
i think its a great idea, i like how you taped it off so the top is still clear and useable

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I like it. My good bud Quinn did something similar.

But I would finish the look and do the headlight cover as well. I don't think the chrome fits in well.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I like it:bigthumbsup:! Its better than get this:
Here's a thought close your lips. Or were a helmet:eek: Can't do a shield, but as long as your happy that's ALL that matters:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey How do you like that shorten stock exhaust ?? Been thinking about cutting my down some ???? :dontknow:
shorten stock pipes? love it ... i did alot of research in here....i wasnt ready to spend so much$ on aftermarket yet, and i like how some of the guys in here shortenned their stocks... love the look now and i get alot of compliments on the deeper sound..and way cheaper than aftermarket... I would suggest go for it. if ur thinking of doing it. i got the pipes cut to same length as the swingarm....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pipes

shorten stock pipes? love it ... i did alot of research in here....i wasnt ready to spend so much$ on aftermarket yet, and i like how some of the guys in here shortenned their stocks... love the look now and i get alot of compliments on the deeper sound..and way cheaper than aftermarket... I would suggest go for it. if ur thinking of doing it. i got the pipes cut to same length as the swingarm....
How did you get the tapered end to fit into the cat portion fo the existing stock pipe after they were cut ?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How did you get the tapered end to fit into the cat portion fo the existing stock pipe after they were cut ?? :dontknow:
the work was done by a local bike shop... i jus told them how long /short i wanted the pipes...sorry.....if u need step by step on how to, there is a member on here who has it posted with great pics and detail......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts