M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding the bike 85 or 90 miles I ran across a brother on a H-D who thought he would spank me , but he was in my test area, from my hayabusa,
long story short , he was about 1/8 mile ahead when I ran him down that is how I know that the bike runs 143mph see my other posting on performance. hd2plze.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
hd2plze said:
After riding the bike 85 or 90 miles I ran across a brother on a H-D who thought he would spank me
Tsk tsk... when will these HD guys learn? ::)

Quite frankly, I've had a lot of them roll up pretty fast, take one look at the bike, and just back off and fall in behind. I haven't actually had an opportunity to SEE anyone else riding an M109, but they must look intimidating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I've got 1100 miles on my 109 now. I have to say this bike has far exceeded my expectations,but I come from a cruiser background. Although I've never actually ridden the hayabusa , I cant imagine this bikes performance even coming close so satisfy my curiosity. What motivates a hayabusa owner to buy an M109R.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ldgypsy said:
I've got 1100 miles on my 109 now. I have to say this bike has far exceeded my expectations,but I come from a cruiser background. Although I've never actually ridden the hayabusa , I cant imagine this bikes performance even coming close so satisfy my curiosity. What motivates a hayabusa owner to buy an M109R.
to much insurance and wife never was happy about the busa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
My buddy rides a Busa,every week drag.He runs in the 9's with NOS.He is the wheelie king whole quarter on one wheel @135 I bet he will love this M
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
Well i had a guy follow me for about 20 miles until we stop and he looked at the bike and he told me it look really good from the bike i have only had mine for about 6 days now i traded in a Vulcan for it and so far i like it better than the Vulcan. But everyone who has follow me or been riding with me say when i get into it a little the bike just look like it wants to run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
ldgypsy said:
I've got 1100 miles on my 109 now. I have to say this bike has far exceeded my expectations,but I come from a cruiser background. Although I've never actually ridden the hayabusa , I cant imagine this bikes performance even coming close so satisfy my curiosity. What motivates a hayabusa owner to buy an M109R.
I traded a 05' ZX12R for my 109 and I don't miss the Ninja, the 109 is just more fun to ride it pulls just as hard between 90 and 140 and who wants to keep pulling to 180 anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
rangemaster84 said:
I traded a 05' ZX12R for my 109 and I don't miss the Ninja, the 109 is just more fun to ride it pulls just as hard between 90 and 140 and who wants to keep pulling to 180 anyway.
WOW! this is weird!! I did the exact same thing. How sick was the ZX-12R though?!!!

I remember a buddy on his souped up Road king was talking trash about "Jap Crap" and that his Road king would roll away from my 2005 ZX-12R @ 100+ like it was nothing! I took the bait and set him up big time! We were riding on the highway at about 85 mph and he hit it. I let him lead by a bike lenth up until around 110-120 mph. We both backed off and he felt like his trash-talking was justified. I waited for a couple of miles until I knew the road was straight for a long distance and gave him the nod to go again. But just before I did that I quietly down shifted (stock exhaust) from 6th, to 5th, to fourth!!, to THIRD !!!!!, my bike was screaming around 8 or 9K!! Then I gave the nod. To those of you who have never ridden a sportbike there is nothing like that Ninja besides a Busa in terms of raw power at highway speeds. I took off like was just shot out of a canon !!!! at around 140-150 mph I glanced in the mirror to see him no where in sight!! After our ride was over he never bragged about his bike again.

The reason why I bought the M109R is because I was getting a little too confident ( hindsight --STUPID) and saw 175 + mph on more than a handful of occasions...I knew I needed to get rid of it.

Sorry for highjacking the thread, just thought it was weird how someone made the same change as I did....

Good luck,

Chad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
any guy on a road king, souped up or not, talkin about beating a zx-12 probably has some reality issues.

your knees and back will probably thank you later in life for your present choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
I don't get it???? Every body flying at 140+ m.p.h. I'm having a hard time trying to hang on at 70m.p.h. not to mention the front wheel feels like wants to come up.... Is it too windy in Orlando, Fl????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Latinbid said:
I don't get it???? Every body flying at 140+ m.p.h. I'm having a hard time trying to hang on at 70m.p.h. not to mention the front wheel feels like wants to come up.... Is it too windy in Orlando, Fl????
I'm with you. I've nudged 110, but it is damn hard to hold on at that speed. I need a windshield, man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I think the busa guy is EXACTLY what suzuki was trying to put on the m109. If you owned a busa the following was important. (i owned one myself)

1. comfort
2. style
3. power
4. handling

Not necessarilly in that order. Busa was the most comfortable and powerfull sportbike i was ever on. I was attracted to the m109 for the same 4 reasons over the other cruisers.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ns2973 said:
I think the busa guy is EXACTLY what suzuki was trying to put on the m109. If you owned a busa the following was important. (i owned one myself)

1. comfort
2. style
3. power
4. handling

Not necessarilly in that order. Busa was the most comfortable and powerfull sportbike i was ever on. I was attracted to the m109 for the same 4 reasons over the other cruisers.Â
Very well said and the exact reason I purchased mine...has everything I wanted and then some. :D
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SpeedStack said:
WOW! this is weird!! I did the exact same thing. How sick was the ZX-12R though?!!!

I remember a buddy on his souped up Road king was talking trash about "Jap Crap" and that his Road king would roll away from my 2005 ZX-12R @ 100+ like it was nothing! I took the bait and set him up big time! We were riding on the highway at about 85 mph and he hit it. I let him lead by a bike lenth up until around 110-120 mph. We both backed off and he felt like his trash-talking was justified. I waited for a couple of miles until I knew the road was straight for a long distance and gave him the nod to go again. But just before I did that I quietly down shifted (stock exhaust) from 6th, to 5th, to fourth!!, to THIRD !!!!!, my bike was screaming around 8 or 9K!! Then I gave the nod. To those of you who have never ridden a sportbike there is nothing like that Ninja besides a Busa in terms of raw power at highway speeds. I took off like was just shot out of a canon !!!! at around 140-150 mph I glanced in the mirror to see him no where in sight!! After our ride was over he never bragged about his bike again.

The reason why I bought the M109R is because I was getting a little too confident ( hindsight --STUPID)Â Â and saw 175 + mph on more than a handful of occasions...I knew I needed to get rid of it.

Sorry for highjacking the thread, just thought it was weird how someone made the same change as I did....

Good luck,

Chad
Same boat....except Coming from a deeply modded 954rr and was getting very [email protected] several times...Now I've only been 140 on the 109r...... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
ldgypsy said:
What motivates a hayabusa owner to buy an M109R.
I just want a second bike, and this way I have the best of both worlds, a croozer and a street missle, but I will never sell my Hayabusa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Black Ram said:
My other bike is a 1200 madura, thougt it was fast. The 109 is the evolution of suzuki cruisers and I like where its going. :D
\\

I have a 1200 Madura also. Are you saying you think the M109 will out drag it? I'd be surprised since I put a 1200 Bandit on the trailer with my Madura.
 

·
Radio Active Member
Joined
·
27,665 Posts
Latinbid said:
I don't get it???? Every body flying at 140+ m.p.h. I'm having a hard time trying to hang on at 70m.p.h. not to mention the front wheel feels like wants to come up.... Is it too windy in Orlando, Fl????
I have not gotten her up to those speeds yet but try and lean down a bit. That seemed to help on my 750. Going at 80 is no problem for me, I mean fighting the wind. :bigthumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top