M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, I've been reading the forum for about 3 days now and decided to finally jump right in.  I'm seriously considering within about a week picking up a black 109.  I currently ride a '84 model V-65 Sabre.  I am wondering if any of you guys have had any experience on a V-65 and could compare the performance of the two.  I have always owned 4-cylinder bikes and I have longed for a affordable bad-ass cruiser that had the performance to boot.  I think that the 109 has fit the bill.  Oh yea, my local dealer has the 109 for 10,900.   :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Oh yea, my local dealer has the 109 for 10,900.
don't wait. if you do, it may dissappear. that's a great deal.

i've never ridden a v-65, but i can promise you that you'll love this bike, as long as you aren't 5'2" 110 lbs. :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had a V 65 Magna,the only bike that ever scared me.116 pony's and 500 pounds = fun. I grew up with 305 scramblers and 115 mph was top's.That V 65 would do every bit of the 160,and the1/4 was in the 10's. I sold it to get a 1100 shadow,my friends warned me,never go from a 4 to a 2.I got the Valkyrie next,that satisifed the need,but a V65 would spank it.I will let you know tomorrow,I get the bad boy.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
phaed said:
don't wait. if you do, it may dissappear. that's a great deal.

i've never ridden a v-65, but i can promise you that you'll love this bike, as long as you aren't 5'2" 110 lbs. :p
I second that. :clap2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm going to keep my v-65 just to play on every once in a while, but I pick up my black 109 this afternoon.  I'm so excited I don't know how long I can force myself to stay at work! :D  Thanks for the great site Lamont.  If any of you guys are around the Paducah, KY area let me know and maybe we can ride sometime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts