M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didn't think the game commission could get any worse till today. i went over to a game lands i used to hunt to do a little scouting for deer season. what i saw made me sick to my stomach,beautiful woods totally gone! i mean bulldozed flat! replaced by gas wells! i guess the game commission doesn't make enough off of timbering the land. that is why i quit going there 5 years ago,they timbered about a third of the land,got to crowded with hunters.
it is supposed to be "public land" but don't you dare get caught with an atv on "their" land! or many other do nots. our license pay for this land do we see any of the gas royalties? nope just higher license fees and less place to hunt.
this is just another in a long list of attrocities brought upon the sportsmen of pennsylvania. i am sad to say this will be my last year of hunting,i have better places to spend my money. :verymad:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I stopped hunting here years ago (PA), i do not believe in all the tags they are now allowing. Where I live , years ago on the first day of BUCK season the gun shots went all day, DOE season everyday, NOW very little.. it plain sucks...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just could not let this go...First off sorry to here about you ill feelings toward the Game Commission Tiny and Spaid..but you guy`s are not very well informed first off,yes the Game Commission buys land for us hunters to hunt on with money paid by lic fees and selling gas and minerals off of the properties.But what you dont understand is that those funds are re-used to purchase more land you did not technically pay for thru the lic fee.There is over 2.3 million acres in this great comonwealth to hunt on free includes the food plots and cover provided for the animals on the game lands.The food and cover crews provide services all year round on game lands and the shooting ranges and there up keep.If you would figure a average of about $3000.00 a acre x 2.3 million acres and how little $25.00 really does....I hunt every year in wva it costs me $115.00 for a lic and in 16+ years now I see maybe 8 deer for a solid week of hunting,not to mention finding a place to hunt ,logding,food,gas ect
Second off the Game Commission trades property with coal and timber co`s and other people for other more valuable land and always gets more land for the hunters than what they gave up to those company`s.Pa is also one of the best states in the 48 to hunt in.And as far as the atv`s go yes we take that serious for the fact that no other state as far as I know allows atv`s on there state owned propertys either.If it doesn`t matter to you or the others out there give me your address and a crew of us will be out to ride on you property and tear the daylights out of it and we will give you $25.00 to do it.Your property would not be worth a whole lot after one afternoon and the damage that it does is alot.Pa is still one of the less expensive places to hunt in and had no hunting lic increase for over 10 years now.Do you still work for the same amount with no raise in 10 years?? i didnt think so.
The $25.00 we all pay to hunt also includes law enforcement services 24/7 365 days a year,stocking of pheasants (buying them feeding them and raising them and people to do that and transport them thru out the state)provide biologiest and studys to regulate seasons and bag limits.protect our resources on those properties and enroll farmers and other land owners in co-op to give us even more property to hunt on with out the hassel of asking someone permission to hunt there.
So before you guys strike out be better informed on what your complaining about. Why not try to be involved to help thru the many programs offered that make a difference to the sport either thur the Game Commission or other worthy groups out there.Easy to sit back and bark even harder to do something about it when your not informed.$25.00 Sounds pretty cheep now doesnt it ? :cop:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no offense to you gw , i was waiting for you to chime in. i know you have a rough job and i can appreciate your stating some facts. i have to go through it alot with my job also. it just hurts to see a beautiful place to hunt ruined. it made me sick to see what was done to this particular piece of property. wouldn't have been so bad a couple gas wells but to completly strip the land of trees was just unbareable. i could see where i used to hunt from a 1/2 mile away,straight shot no trees.
this was gonna be my backup spot, since out hunt club at work passed no buck hunting with guns,my season is pretty much shot now.
like they always say opinons are like rear ends everyone got one and they usually stink!

·
Registered
70 Posts
:cus:WTF??????????? i need to pay $25.00 dollarsto the comish to shoot a deer.pa is a commonwealth not?? pay you so i can hunt,hunt what,where thats the first :edit:joke.GW's try to controll something they can't.the game is where the poster are.instead of pay the gw should pay the land owner.get your ticket and hunt.so i have 100 acres that gives me the right to shoot what i want when i want to.thats bull SH--.we wont talk about hitting a deer with a car,becouse well i'll stop. sorry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts