M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed it says he's a guest? Don't tell me we lost another informative member. I hope not this site has lost too many great members already.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All his posts are showing guest now. Whats up with that?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is also why I'm using the 160 up front as well

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You kidding? Based on what?
Somebody tell me I was never this new.

Try looking back on him.

He has some areas of expertise that he really does know well.

He is a big part of why I feel ok running a 160 rear tire on my front wheel backwards.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1207244#post1207244

Apparently, those areas have not been called upon since you joined this June, so to you, he has nothing to add.
I think he was asking why he left, nothing about negative about Pegasus that I read. So I am thinking possible wrong reaction. of course I am just saying it like I see it. I too was surprised to see him gone. My guess is that he quit.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I think he was asking why he left, nothing about negative about Pegasus that I read. So I am thinking possible wrong reaction. of course I am just saying it like I see it. I too was surprised to see him gone. My guess is that he quit.
If he says I took it wrong, I will gladly delete my comment.

I came to my conclusion based on the select portion of text he quoted.

I took that to mean he was questioning that Pegasus was an informative member.

Like I said, if he lets me know I am wrong, I will be happy to delete my reaction.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing negative about this post. I just hate it when good people leave. There has been many knowledgeable people that left for one reason or another, and they are the reason that this site is the best IMHO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
There has been many knowledgeable people that left for one reason or another, and they are the reason that this site is the best IMHO.

G

·

Try looking back on him.

He has some areas of expertise that he really does know well.

He is a big part of why I feel ok running a 160 rear tire on my front wheel backwards.

Apparently, those areas have not been called upon since you joined this June, so to you, he has nothing to add.
Bro, I challenged him on his "knowledge", and it was mostly BS. He knew brand preference, and what he did at the "track" with the tire engineers, but never could back it up. If I recall correctly, he is a tire salesman. Don't think the tire engineers needed his opinion.

If you really read his posts, you probably knew it anyway, and he reinforced your opinion. Could not pin down one hard fact.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
If he says I took it wrong, I will gladly delete my comment.

I came to my conclusion based on the select portion of text he quoted.

I took that to mean he was questioning that Pegasus was an informative member.

Like I said, if he lets me know I am wrong, I will be happy to delete my reaction.
Nothing negative about this post. I just hate it when good people leave. There has been many knowledgeable people that left for one reason or another, and they are the reason that this site is the best IMHO.
I don't think Pegasus jumped ship(traded his 9) or anything. I would say it's what Draggin said about a wrong reaction to something, but I don't want to get into the particulars at this point. I had hoped he would of waited until I could PM him about something before he did something like this. He had something happen before the meet started and I think this is his reaction. Which is understandable, but he didn't give it any time, or any time to meet some people that might be better for him to hang with.

There's no reflection on him. I would of liked to meet him and there were many people there that probably felt the same way. We'll just have to see if he comes back and talks a couple things out. But what happened shouldn't be a reflection on all of us, he just might not have fit into that particular group or their plans for that night.:-\

G

·

Hey, nothing to do with being new, and there is only one manufacturer I believe that comes out and endorses running a tire backwards, so if you wanted his reassurance, you got it. Ethically, it's wrong.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Hey, nothing to do with being new, and there is only one manufacturer I believe that comes out and endorses running a tire backwards, so if you wanted his reassurance, you got it. Ethically, it's wrong.
Metzler reps have told people on here that it's fine to do when they inquired, but it's not posted on their site.:bigthumbsup:

G

·
Metzler reps have told people on here that it's fine to do when they inquired, but it's not posted on their site.:bigthumbsup:
Try holding them to that if the tire fails.........just sayin'. You can paint your bike pink, but it does not mean it's a good idea. May fail, may not. As a salesman, it's unethical to steer customers in that direction, unless you would be willing to back their spouse for the rest of their lives if it failed.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Try holding them to that if the tire fails.........just sayin'. You can paint your bike pink, but it does not mean it's a good idea. May fail, may not. As a salesman, it's unethical to steer customers in that direction, unless you would be willing to back their spouse for the rest of their lives if it failed.
If it's that big of a worry to you call them and record the call. you might go through one or two salesmen before they actually say that, but they know it's right.

Here's the conclusion. Many people have run the 280 on the back and had disastrous results over three years.
Many people have run the 160 up front reversed and I have never heard of anything ever happening and I've also heard people say the rep told them it's fine. After 3 years of this bike being out then I'd say it's been tested.;)

G

·
If it's that big of a worry to you call them and record the call. you might go through one or two salesmen before they actually say that, but they know it's right.

Here's the conclusion. Many people have run the 280 on the back and had disastrous results over three years.
Many people have run the 160 up front reversed and I have never heard of anything ever happening and I've also heard people say the rep told them it's fine. After 3 years of this bike being out then I'd say it's been tested.;)
Not disputing that. I was called out on my dissension by squarerounder, so I responded. And I am glad no one got hurt. I may go to a 140, but will run it per the directional arrow. :)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Not disputing that. I was called out on my dissension by squarerounder, so I responded. And I am glad no one got hurt. I may go to a 140, but will run it per the directional arrow. :)
Oh..sounds good. But only the rear tires run backwards. the 140 isn't a rear tire. I ran a 140 Avon before my 160. If I remember right it's just the 160 that's a rear tire. But don't hold me to that.:doorag:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Just so we are clear, I have seen Metz printed material that tells you to run a rear tire backwards when using on the front.

Sorry we can not have the product engineers answer every question for you.

We take what we can get. A tire salesman provably has more info on tires than I do and I can appreciate their area of knowledge.

I called you out on calling out a member who is apparently no longer here.

Until you can give us better info, I'll take the sales guy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts