M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone that has use the PCV and Autotune had their bike on a Dyno after ther Autotune has done it's magic? Wondering what the curves looked like and how well the Autotune actually did.

·
Registered
349 Posts
mmmm well, i had the autotune kit and pcv on my bike (still have the pcv) i also had the wideband kit running though an afr gauge so it gave me a real time afr reading, which it always showed as though it was running rich, approx 11.5 - 12.0 ish, so i did an afr run on our dyno at work and it was running as lean as hell, way into the 15,s so i concluded that the autotune kit does not do what it should do, (maybe cos its only reading off 1 cylinder) also the wide band kit was giving a false reading, showing rich when it should be lean, so i junked it all, got a custom map done on my pcv, got 5.3 hp increase, now up to 115.8 hp, 8lb/ft mid range torque, the bike runs absoloutly spot on, much more low to mid range power than it had, my advise is dont bother with the autotune kit, get a pcv and have it mapped, if you use a good dyno centre that map it from 100% to 5% throttle, you will be happy.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
Oh and the fueling line was perfect, one of the best ones i have ever done and seen..

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mmmm well, i had the autotune kit and pcv on my bike (still have the pcv) i also had the wideband kit running though an afr gauge so it gave me a real time afr reading, which it always showed as though it was running rich, approx 11.5 - 12.0 ish, so i did an afr run on our dyno at work and it was running as lean as hell, way into the 15,s so i concluded that the autotune kit does not do what it should do, (maybe cos its only reading off 1 cylinder) also the wide band kit was giving a false reading, showing rich when it should be lean, so i junked it all, got a custom map done on my pcv, got 5.3 hp increase, now up to 115.8 hp, 8lb/ft mid range torque, the bike runs absoloutly spot on, much more low to mid range power than it had, my advise is dont bother with the autotune kit, get a pcv and have it mapped, if you use a good dyno centre that map it from 100% to 5% throttle, you will be happy.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
Oh and the fueling line was perfect, one of the best ones i have ever done and seen..
Did you contact Power Commander and see what their response was or just pull it off without seeing if it was a bad unit or O2 sensor? Just curious what their response was.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did you contact Power Commander and see what their response was or just pull it off without seeing if it was a bad unit or O2 sensor? Just curious what their response was.
We deal with dynojet uk everyday, i had a chat with someone there and they said it was poss cos it was fueling different on each cylinder, hence the harley system runs two 02 sensors in there autotune kit, (different set up tho to jap bikes) he said they run better on 4 cyl bikes where there is only 1 o2 sensor reading gases from all four pots, uk bikes have two 02 sensors, so i really didnt get a reasonable answer from them as to why i was getting conflicting readings, oh and our dyno is brand new 2 months old so its not that !!!
so i just ditched the lot, mapped it and wow so much better than it ever has been, should have just done that in the first place but you gotta try this stuff lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We deal with dynojet uk everyday, i had a chat with someone there and they said it was poss cos it was fueling different on each cylinder, hence the harley system runs two 02 sensors in there autotune kit, (different set up tho to jap bikes) he said they run better on 4 cyl bikes where there is only 1 o2 sensor reading gases from all four pots, uk bikes have two 02 sensors, so i really didnt get a reasonable answer from them as to why i was getting conflicting readings, oh and our dyno is brand new 2 months old so its not that !!!
so i just ditched the lot, mapped it and wow so much better than it ever has been, should have just done that in the first place but you gotta try this stuff lol
Very interesting because I asked this very question to Power Commander and here was their respoinse.

" To be honest with you in our testing we have not seen a dramatic difference between the 2 cylinders on the Suzuki models so monitoring both cylinders may be overkill.

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks."

I was actually asking if I needed to add an AT100 to the system to allow me to monitor both cylinders like on a Harley but anyway you only need one on the 109

They told me with the new firmware on the PCV it was possible to use two O2 sensors but would be overkill.

Very interesting. Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Very interesting because I asked this very question to Power Commander and here was their respoinse.

" To be honest with you in our testing we have not seen a dramatic difference between the 2 cylinders on the Suzuki models so monitoring both cylinders may be overkill.

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks."

I was actually asking if I needed to add an AT100 to the system to allow me to monitor both cylinders like on a Harley but anyway you only need one on the 109

They told me with the new firmware on the PCV it was possible to use two O2 sensors but would be overkill.

Very interesting. Thanks
Your welcome, whatever you choose ride safe :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
to me i would want to keep an eye on both cylinders, and at some point if you just use on O2 youd think that you would want it on the rear jug, as that is the lean hot jug. and i dont see why there would be a difference between a H-D application or a suzuki application?? they are both motors that burn gas to run. its not like they burn it different they all still need the same A/F to run correctly. so i dont understand there logic here.......:dontknow:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to me i would want to keep an eye on both cylinders, and at some point if you just use on O2 youd think that you would want it on the rear jug, as that is the lean hot jug. and i dont see why there would be a difference between a H-D application or a suzuki application?? they are both motors that burn gas to run. its not like they burn it different they all still need the same A/F to run correctly. so i dont understand there logic here.......:dontknow:
I agree. I could only guess maybe harleys aren't matched as well? I don't know.:dontknow: The PC guys had a chance to sell me another sensor and connection but you see their response above. Maybe someone else could send the question to them and see if they get a different response.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
email sent.....we will see :dontknow:
Yup, I don't know. I was willing and still am if I can now do it on the model I have if it will work better and as advertized but from the one response from the guy in England sort of makes me wonder.:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
you just need to sell both the PCs you have and get the cobra unit.
much more user friendly.:bigthumbsup::-*:-*:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you just need to sell both the PCs you have and get the cobra unit.
much more user friendly.:bigthumbsup::-*:-*:D
heheheh I will play with this for a bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts