M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed the bike today and got it all cleaned up, well after letting it dry off for a few hours I decided to start it up and put a new map on it to try it out. I take the cover off and start the bike up. The PC turns on, lights go up and down. But when I plug it into my pc it says the USB device has malfunctioned and cannot connect.... I've never had this issue before. I can't pull or push maps on the bike. I just got back from about a half hour drive and the bike is running fine so I know the PC is working. Anyone have any input? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Plug in the 9 volt battery that came with it. If you don't have that battery, start the bike up.

You need either that 9v battery or the engine running to communicate with a PC/Laptop

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plugged it in while the bike was running. My fear is water got in the top usb plug and shorted out that connection

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
You might try plugging the lap top in to the usb and boot the lap top, see if it is looking for the usb. if not, its in your pc3 and try giving the usb a blow job

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
try connecting it to your laptop BEFORE staarting the bike and see if that makes a difference. sometimes the PCIII can be a touchy and finicky device.

i've also seen that some people have had problems when they didn't have a USB 2.0 plug. :dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts