M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to install power commander in trike half, exstended cable to reach cylinders, The point I want to make is that I think the instruction tell you to remove the fuel tank, but i managed quite easily by just raising the bottom end up and placing a wooden wedge in to keep it up, no worries about removing cable/ fuel lines ect, if I remember correctly I may have used long nose pliers along with fingers to get at plug but it wasnt hard though, hope this helps.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Good to hear that it worked out for you. I like to pull parts off for easy access and then there is no way of damaging any other parts(scratches/dent). The tank only takes a couple of minutes to remove. The more you take apart your bike, the easier and faster it gets.

:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum also. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
838 Posts
WOW. Not only did I have to remove my tank, I also had to remove my air box to install my PC lll.
Let me recomend that you solder your injector connections. Mine was good for about 9 months. FuturR told me about this fix when I ran into a problem. Within 5 hours of asking for help, bike was running like a champ. No problems since.
I think anytime I get those quick connects. I'm going to void that and solder them.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
WOW. Not only did I have to remove my tank, I also had to remove my air box to install my PC lll.
Let me recomend that you solder your injector connections. Mine was good for about 9 months. FuturR told me about this fix when I ran into a problem. Within 5 hours of asking for help, bike was running like a champ. No problems since.
I think anytime I get those quick connects. I'm going to void that and solder them.
If you have a long pair of needle nose pliers you can do it without removing the airbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts