M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my nine to the local harley shop to get them to pull a run for me because I think my A/F is off. Sure enough it is running way to rich. The tech gave me some advice with the map that is on there but have never played with that before. The bike is running rich and gets worse up through the RPM's. Does anyone have a map for the folowing:

RB Velocity Pros
K&N Filters w/Ducks Mod
JSD-3

Trying to find a good shop to tune both cylinders but that is easier said than done. The guy I used before passed away and other shops in the area have not heard good things about them.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone tell me how to lean out the fuel with the PC III software. Have not tried it and do not want to screw up. Can't believe nobody has a map that is close to what I have on the bike.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I think I might have one that would work for you. Let me dig the laptop out tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
to lean it out manually, conect to the computer and manually change your numbers.

If you are affraid you will screw it up, save the map you have and made changes to a copy.

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
Can that shop not tune your bike/make a new map? This is why I went with the FI2000R. I hope that you get your mapping issue straightened up John.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They will not tune because it is not a harley. The guy who tunes said it would be no problem for him to do it but the mgt said no!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to lean it out manually, conect to the computer and manually change your numbers.

If you are affraid you will screw it up, save the map you have and made changes to a copy.
I guess I do not know which way to go to lean it out (neg or pos) on the numbers. Will continue reading to try and learn.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BIG thanks to BIGIRISH109 for the map. Will try that one and see if it is better. If anyone understands the PCIII settings and how to change, please let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if this will help or not, but I had the PC III, HardKrome exhaust, and big air suckers installed and the first time I rode it I was having a lot of back fire when I down shifted. The suzuki dealer who installed it said that was how it was supposed to be (BS!). I found a tech at a local HD dealership who helped me out. I though it was running rich and that was why is was backfiring, but he had me increase the fuel and it helped. The good thing was that it took only a few minutes to do.

What I did was open the current map attached to the running bike. You want to be viewing the fuel table (looks like an excel sheet). I selected the first column (0) as it idles, be sure the entire column is highlighted and when that is done you hit page up or page down to adjust the fuel. This should adjust every number in the column. He did say that I didn't want to change it more than 10% one way or the other. Once that is done hit your insert button on your keyboard and it should give you the message that it is downloaded to your PC III. Again, I don't know if this will help you or not, but if you try it be sure to save your current map that is loaded on your PC III before you make any changes.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i have a map that might be close. but i am not positive. PM your email address and i will send it to you. you can try it out and if it doesn't work for you then you are nowhere worse off then you are right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts