M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,have some questions here about the PowerCommander lll.
A) Our 109 when installing the PowerCommander lll we need a 9v battery to adjust the TPS setting. And everything have to be done in a matter of seconds or else the battery will be drained. Does other bikes need to be the same?I know the VTX doesn't need 9V adapter.

B)2 years ago I installed the PC3 and after a few weeks of riding, the idling speed went haywire. Got stranded by the roadside and waited for help. Sent the bike to the dealer later and the readjust the TPS setting and everything was fine again and they also welding the PCIII wire to TPS. After a couple of months the same problem reoccured and the dealer was called in to set things right again.
Of late the idle speed is up again and I thought that it might be the throttle angle setting with TPS. Went to the dealer and after hooking up Suzuki ECM multi computer , it was confirmed everything was in order. But my idling speed was at 1200-1300 RPM.And we checked the air/fuel too. Sometime rich and sometime lean.
The map is still in the PCIII that we have check it.we also install new one map. same problem.

After taking out the PC3 the bike was running in perfect condition. It indicate that my PC3 was out of order. Told the dealer to get me a new PC3 but after installing, the same problem arises.

The question here is, is there a certain formulation in installing the PC3?
I found out that the installation guide only teaches one how to hook it up but not in setting throttle angle with TPS.
Now i just have to ride with the OEM CPU( without the CP3) and it is performing superbly. Its after 7 days and rode over 1k miles now, everything seems okay.
I am wondering where lies the problem. Hope that you all can understand what I am trying to relate here and hope to have some answers from those who have knowledge in this. Thanks a lot.

Rainey

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hello Everyone,have some questions here about the PowerCommander lll.
A) Our 109 when installing the PowerCommander lll we need a 9v battery to adjust the TPS setting. And everything have to be done in a matter of seconds or else the battery will be drained. Does other bikes need to be the same?I know the VTX doesn't need 9V adapter.

B)2 years ago I installed the PC3 and after a few weeks of riding, the idling speed went haywire. Got stranded by the roadside and waited for help. Sent the bike to the dealer later and the readjust the TPS setting and everything was fine again and they also welding the PCIII wire to TPS. After a couple of months the same problem reoccured and the dealer was called in to set things right again.
Of late the idle speed is up again and I thought that it might be the throttle angle setting with TPS. Went to the dealer and after hooking up Suzuki ECM multi computer , it was confirmed everything was in order. But my idling speed was at 1200-1300 RPM.And we checked the air/fuel too. Sometime rich and sometime lean.
The map is still in the PCIII that we have check it.we also install new one map. same problem.

After taking out the PC3 the bike was running in perfect condition. It indicate that my PC3 was out of order. Told the dealer to get me a new PC3 but after installing, the same problem arises.

The question here is, is there a certain formulation in installing the PC3?
I found out that the installation guide only teaches one how to hook it up but not in setting throttle angle with TPS.
Now i just have to ride with the OEM CPU( without the CP3) and it is performing superbly. Its after 7 days and rode over 1k miles now, everything seems okay.
I am wondering where lies the problem. Hope that you all can understand what I am trying to relate here and hope to have some answers from those who have knowledge in this. Thanks a lot.

Rainey
Not sure why you have to do it in a matter of seconds. I played with the PCIII I took off my bike a couple weeks ago for hours on a 9V Battery.

Sure sounds like you don't have something installed correctly. I would have said it was a bad PCIII due to draining the 9V battery and loss of memory, but if you have changed it out somethig just isn't right with the install is my guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts