M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get the back rest mod done on my passenger seat. What brackets have been used and which back rest pads have been used. I want to try to match the carbon fiber look I have going on my gel seats.

Any links that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,091 Posts
This is completely home made. I used the back support from an old office chair, and cut the padding and base from the back from the same chair. The holes and t-nuts from the chair back already matched the holes in the support.

I used one of the chrome air filter covers for a pattern, and my wife stitched up the cover. I found vinyl at a craft store that matched the grain of the vinyl on the gel seats. They aren't the carbon fiber look, but you should be able to find that too.

I mounted all this below the plastic seat base, which places the cutout in the rear of the seat just below the M109R embroidery. You have to cut a slot through the seat base to do it this way, but mounting it above the base as most do cuts through the lettering. The front of the seat bracket goes up through the slot that is above the hook that is on the seat, or the piece that engages the hook on the frame.

Old picture, but it hasn't changed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is completely home made. I used the back support from an old office chair, and cut the padding and base from the back from the same chair. The holes and t-nuts from the chair back already matched the holes in the support.

I used one of the chrome air filter covers for a pattern, and my wife stitched up the cover. I found vinyl at a craft store that matched the grain of the vinyl on the gel seats. They aren't the carbon fiber look, but you should be able to find that too.

I mounted all this below the plastic seat base, which places the cutout in the rear of the seat just below the M109R embroidery. You have to cut a slot through the seat base to do it this way, but mounting it above the base as most do cuts through the lettering. The front of the seat bracket goes up through the slot that is above the hook that is on the seat, or the piece that engages the hook on the frame.

Old picture, but it hasn't changed.

Hmmm... I like the look of that.... the wife has been asking about a backrest.
Any chance you have a pic of underneath the seat of how you attached it?

I think the wife would like that.

Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,091 Posts
Tiler, I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow. I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel, but the seat is setting in the shop with the backrest on it. If you don't hear from me in a day or two send me a PM on it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tiler, I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow. I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel, but the seat is setting in the shop with the backrest on it. If you don't hear from me in a day or two send me a PM on it.
This looks cool. Got any pics of how its mounted to the seat Zoom?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts