M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyones passenger complained about how hard the ride is on the back seat, wondering if my shock has gone bad. It still has play in it, I can move it up and down when it's parked but the little lady says it feels like her back is breaking when ever I hit a bump in the road.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
My back seat has never been installed, its gathering dust in the closet.

My wife rides her own bike, a 06 M50.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
No complaints and thousands of miles two up. Some fully loaded (gear) and some just day trips. Try adjusting the shock some. Maybe it's too stiff?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Designed that way

Who cares! :bigthumbsup: :joke:

Suzuki designed it that was on purpose. I hate the look with the back seat on the 9.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
When we bought the M50 for Sandy, she wanted to go for a two=up ride, me driving. We hardly got out of the neighborhood when she told me to "go home, I cannot stand this seat". Less than a mile and she was ready to get off.

Somehow I do not think the 109s seat is quite that bad.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My wife said the same thing, that the ride is too uncomfortable with the stock seat. Went ahead and bought a gel seat from VINNIEB and she absolutely loves it. Went riding yesterday for about 70 miles. Not a single complaint, she is looking forward to longer trips still this riding season. Spend a little money on a backrest and gel seat, and she'll be fine. This is what I got, the backrest was 100$ on ebay. It's well worth it to share the enjoyment of cruizin with her.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
No complaints..........Try adjusting the shock some. Maybe it's too stiff?
:agree: If it's the stock seat you can always upgrade to a better seat. Also the next thing to do is adjust the 7 setting preload shock. Depends on how much both of you guys weigh and how soft/firm you want the ride to be.

Me & my GF are right at 300lbs total and riding on setting 4 and it's perfect for us.

Who cares! :bigthumbsup: :joke: I hate the look with the back seat on the 9.
Yes of course the 2nd seat looks retarded when riding solo. But it looks good with a chicks a$$ planted in it riding behind you. ;)

Went ahead and bought a gel seat......
I have the Suzuki gel seat as well and the second seat is very roomy & comfortable and I get no complaints from her sitting back there.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Has anyones passenger complained about how hard the ride is on the back seat, wondering if my shock has gone bad. It still has play in it, I can move it up and down when it's parked but the little lady says it feels like her back is breaking when ever I hit a bump in the road.
Your wife obviously has never ridden on the "P*ssy Pad" that HD provides, might as well be riding on the fender!:D

Ride on....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
My wife said the same thing, that the ride is too uncomfortable with the stock seat. Went ahead and bought a gel seat from VINNIEB and she absolutely loves it. Went riding yesterday for about 70 miles. Not a single complaint, she is looking forward to longer trips still this riding season. Spend a little money on a backrest and gel seat, and she'll be fine. This is what I got, the backrest was 100$ on ebay. It's well worth it to share the enjoyment of cruizin with her.
Glad she likes it :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts