M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum so this is my first post.... Been looking at the M-109 for a few years and always thought of purchasing one some day.. i currently drive a ZX-14 and love it but the wife doesnt like that backseat when I like to do some light touring... so my question is, how comfortable is the back seat for my wife when taking say 300 mile round trip rides. Would also like to know how the 109 stacks up in the touring dept? Gotta say the 109 is one sexy bike... easily one of my favorites

·
Registered
488 Posts
My wife is comfortable because got her a gel seat and backrest. Working on floorboards and once those are installed she's just fine. But I agree, look into the c109. i couldn't do it, the 9 is just TOO good looking to pass up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedback.... i dont tour heavy so really wouldnt need alotta bags.. usually just an all day Sunday ride kinda deal..... tough cause all my tatses have me chasing after bikes built around solo riders... maybe my conscience is trying to tell me to ditch the wife... lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
Get the gel seat! you won't be sorry! My girl can ride all day, without any pain...The seat looks good too! We have a 300 plus trip in two weeks...never had any problems...Keep it rubber side up!
That last sentence didnt make sense bro....doesnt that mean flip the bike?...maybe its my english :joke:

Anyway I agree completely about the gel seats!! Best investment I ever made...sooooo comfy :D if you are not looking at taking saddle bags just get a backrest with a rack and have a bag there and maybe a tank bag at the front

Thats what I take when I go away :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I think what you meant is a C109 which is more of a touring setup. It's the same basic machine. The C has floor boards and looks better when dressed up with bags and such. Myself and many others on here feel the 9 is not a dresser and its looks are ruined with that kind of stuff. But then again, some have made some damn nice machines, but I would bet with a sizable investment. Go for the C and get some good seats, thats a must. :doorag:
Good suggestion! :agree:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Serb, " Keep it rubber side down" means...Keep the bike on its wheels...get it? aka..Don't wreck! It's just something we say here in Syracuse...Just like saying "Ride safe"...Serb, I just saw what I wrote..Down was what I ment...You got me!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,140 Posts
:welcome: to the forum.

The gel seat does make a great difference, especially for the passenger. But even with the gel seat and a good back rest I don't see the M109 being comfortable for a passenger for 300 miles. At least my wife wasn't comfortable enough to do more than 250 miles at a time, and then only rarely. But your wife may do better than that, and it's only another 50 miles. :D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
thanks for the feedback.... i dont tour heavy so really wouldnt need alotta bags.. usually just an all day Sunday ride kinda deal..... tough cause all my tatses have me chasing after bikes built around solo riders... maybe my conscience is trying to tell me to ditch the wife... lol
if your just looking a day rides it will be just fine. just get her a backrest

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
It ALL comes down to this--How much 'junk in the trunk' does she have?

Plenty of booty equals plenty of miles--Short on booty means short miles before stop and fanny rest...:D

Gel seat and back rest helps:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
My wife can't make it further than 50 miles at a stretch without her knees really bothering her. She has never done greater than 150 miles total with me. That is with a backrest and floorboards for her.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
GEL seat and a passanger back rest. Wife will be happy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts