M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had a set of floorboards sitting on the shelf from a prior HD and decided to try them on the 9.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
:bigthumbsup: looks good.... if ya gotta, ya gotta.. ;)

ya gotta get that rear bolt chromed ..... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bigthumbsup: looks good.... if ya gotta, ya gotta.. ;)

ya gotta get that rear bolt chromed ..... :bigthumbsup:
As for the 'if ya gotta', well, I want her on it, so yeah, I gotta.

You will note that I have not posted a single pic of the bike fitted with her tour-pack/trunk w/delux backrest pad.

As for the bolt, working on that. I could not find a bolt to fit the need in chrome, so I used what I could find. I am thinking one of those chrome caps should do the trick, but now I need to find them in that size.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They look AWESOME except for the HD logo on a suzuki dont look right...
Yes, but it was not tough to get over the logo when I priced out getting new floorboards that I did not even like as much.

I figure enough people already argue with me that it is a Vrod that the little logo will only make those discussions more fun.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I'm gonna put a set of cobra's on the back for my son to ride. I have them on my Sabre and he likes them. Plus they will protect my pipes from accidental shoe rubbing.:bigthumbsup: I've seen them on another 9, and they look fine imo.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Way better than the ones i bought(after market) and put in on myself.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm gonna put a set of cobra's on the back for my son to ride. I have them on my Sabre and he likes them. Plus they will protect my pipes from accidental shoe rubbing.:bigthumbsup: I've seen them on another 9, and they look fine imo.
My daughter stepped right onto the exhaust(while it was hot) without putting down the foot peg on her first ride. Couldn't get it off until after a couple of weeks. Use a sponge and rubbed hard to clean it off.:D

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice job on the floor boards. would love to see how your mounting the tour pack.
The tour pack is mounted to sissy bar mounts on the shelf that would go behind a sissy bar. I just skipped the sissy bar and used the shelf to mount the tour pack.

That is just about how HD mounts them on the Ultras. The HD mount is less finished because it was designed to be under the pack, but it is the same idea.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
My daughter stepped right onto the exhaust(while it was hot) without putting down the foot peg on her first ride. Couldn't get it off until after a couple of weeks. Use a sponge and rubbed hard to clean it off.:D
Easy off oven cleaner in the blue can will work fantastic. Don't ask how I know.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I know my wife, would love to have them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts