M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! It's been a long time since I've been on the forum, and even longer since I posted!

I need some help.

I'm planning a 3,000 + mile, 10 day trip in July with a passenger, so I need more luggage space than the Corbin hard bags alone will offer. I also need to provide my passenger with a little more comfort, so I need to find and install a good backrest that I can hang my Tee bag on, will fit with my Suzuki gel seat, and not interfere with the mounts for the Corbin bags!

I know that's probably a tall order, but surely someone else on this site has done this!

Anyone?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
333 Posts
Man I am trying to do the same thing. I am thinking about buying the bracket off of ebay and doing some metal fabrication at my shop then install the bracket on my stock passenger seat. I Had it custom upholstered and I am not willing to give it up yet. There is a link on the board with a how to I will have to find it though.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
great to hear from you EZ, that is a tall order. I did the 100 dollar backrest mod to the stocker with the duce luggage rack works good for the T-bag, however since I got the corbin seats now I cant use a luggage rack that I can figure out.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
You may want to think about a trailer, 10 days with packing for 2 would be easy. There is a bad ass trailer in the works that looks to be available by your trip date. Do a search and it will pop up (I'm not sure how to link threads)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great to hear from you EZ, that is a tall order. I did the 100 dollar backrest mod to the stocker with the duce luggage rack works good for the T-bag, however since I got the corbin seats now I cant use a luggage rack that I can figure out.
Hi Rockfordrider! Looks like you've done some artwork on the machine since I last saw it!

What is the $100 fix? Can it be done on the Suzuki Gel seat? I sent an e-mail to Corbin to see what they would recommend, but haven't heard back from them. They sell a cheesy little backrest attachment, but I don't think it would work for hanging a T-Bag on! Don't tell me I have to go Gold Wing shopping!

EZ

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may want to think about a trailer, 10 days with packing for 2 would be easy. There is a bad ass trailer in the works that looks to be available by your trip date. Do a search and it will pop up (I'm not sure how to link threads)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll leave the passenger behind before I'll put a trailer hitch on the 109! Sacrilege! ;)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Hi Rockfordrider! Looks like you've done some artwork on the machine since I last saw it!

What is the $100 fix? Can it be done on the Suzuki Gel seat? I sent an e-mail to Corbin to see what they would recommend, but haven't heard back from them. They sell a cheesy little backrest attachment, but I don't think it would work for hanging a T-Bag on! Don't tell me I have to go Gold Wing shopping!

EZ
!00 dollar mod not the right name im sure dont really remember the real name of it. but here it goes. It is a harley duce backrest with that you can put the duce luggage rack on the back of it. can you do it with a gel seat? im not sure but dont see why it would be any different. Do remember though this is permanent backrest it is attached through the seat and is bolted under the seat, I will try to find a couple of pics of mine. By the way Im trying to work on a hitch for mine , It will be completely hidden with a class 2 reciver that is L shaped to pin in behind the plate. have to wait for the air ride first to check clearence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts