M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new here - I've been lurking for a few weeks after buying a 2008 c109rt couple of months ago. I rode an R1 way back in the late 90s and this is the only other street bike I've owned.

I like the cruiser a lot and looking forward to riding more. One thing I'm noticing is that the bike needs some maintenance which I'm attending to now, and wanted to ask about goto sources you all use for quality parts.

For example, I'm currently looking at replacing the brake lines with steel braid or something else.... Where should I look for stuff like this that can tell me what fits my exact bike? Do you have goto sources or just Amazon?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have gotten most of my parts from Meancycles.com. They have 90% of what I have been looking for, and they have great customer service.

I get my tires from denniskirk.com. Super fast delivery, at least in my area.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Boulevards aren't on the list , but Coremoto will make custom lines at the same price as a regularly stocked kit. No extra charge for color choices of the lines or end fittings. I've got two bikes with blue lines , stainless steel end fittings and red collars on the ends. Check them out. You only need to measure the lengths and tell them the angles of the fittings. They also supply new banjo bolts and crush washers. Their prices are better than most.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have gotten most of my parts from Meancycles.com. They have 90% of what I have been looking for, and they have great customer service.

I get my tires from denniskirk.com. Super fast delivery, at least in my area.
This! I've bought a lot of parts from mean cycles. Jp is really good and stays on top of things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So following up on this a bit - Core Moto, while having nice support people, doesn't have the equipment to fabricate brake lines for my C109RT. I sent them a picture and that was their response after their tech looked into it. I also can't find braided lines in a kit for this bike on JP or Meancycles - I get a few M109 hits, but not C109. So then I start looking at pictures to see if the brakes are cross compatible, and it looks like they aren't - the attached picture from my bike has 2 sets of lines per caliper whereas the M109 seems to have one set (just based on internet pictures).

Anyway, this blows, I was hoping to get better braking and upgrade the looks too but jeeze, I running down dead ends!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
So following up on this a bit - Core Moto, while having nice support people, doesn't have the equipment to fabricate brake lines for my C109RT. I sent them a picture and that was their response after their tech looked into it. I also can't find braided lines in a kit for this bike on JP or Meancycles - I get a few M109 hits, but not C109. So then I start looking at pictures to see if the brakes are cross compatible, and it looks like they aren't - the attached picture from my bike has 2 sets of lines per caliper whereas the M109 seems to have one set (just based on internet pictures).

Anyway, this blows, I was hoping to get better braking and upgrade the looks too but jeeze, I running down dead ends!

·
Registered
196 Posts
It looks like you've got linked brakes. You should still be able to give them measurements to make those lines for you. Where your lines tee is what they can't make , what is normally done on sportbikes is dual lines from the master cylinder to the calipers. This is what I'll be doing on my M when I get around to it. Hydraulicly this works the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts