M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(

Turning around in parking lot at hotel I was staying at and turned too sharp. Bike went down. I feel like a jerk. Just cracked the front right turn signal, bent the rear brake pedal, and scratched the front heat shield a little. Could have been a lot worse. No problem picking the bike up though.

I was going to replace the signals anyway.

panther06

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That's nothing...at least you were moving.

I dropped mine once in front of a crowd full at Hooter's.....by forgetting to put the kickstand down while getting off the bike.

·
Registered
890 Posts
wildwolf said:
That's nothing...at least you were moving.

I dropped mine once in front of a crowd full at Hooter's.....by forgetting to put the kickstand down while getting off the bike.
:yikes: Say it ain't so...

man that sucks hope both of you are unscathed!

Devilish

·
Registered
665 Posts
When I was around 20 years old,I pulled up to a stop light beside a car full of girls. Put my left foot down into a puddle of oil,and went straight down. They all leaned out the car windows and looked down at me,and I said, "I thought I seen a quarter down here" :D! They didn't buy it for a second,and I ended up looking like a nerd! ::) I really impressed them. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
DevilishEyes109 said:
:yikes: Say it ain't so...

man that sucks hope both of you are unscathed!

Devilish
Bent left footpeg up about 45 degrees. Big pair of channel-locks took care of it. This was with stock smaller tank. Engine guard did its job. Not sure if it'll protect bigger tank or not. Hope I don't need to find out.

Basically...once I realized stand wasn't down...I just laid it down gently on the side. :( Then picked it back up....went in, sat down, and ate/watched the game. Didn't give it much thought afterwords.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ride long enough and you will get your "special" moment,usually involves tryin' to be too cool and fate slips you a little "humble pie" :redfaced:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Panther06 said:
:(

Turning around in parking lot at hotel I was staying at and turned too sharp. Bike went down. I feel like a jerk. Just cracked the front right turn signal, bent the rear brake pedal, and scratched the front heat shield a little. Could have been a lot worse. No problem picking the bike up though.Â

I was going to replace the signals anyway.

panther06
Hey panther,
How did you pick the bike up? Also, how did you pick it up without scratching it more. It's not exaclty a Honda Rebel. Is there a technique you have that won't scratch it more in the effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts