Votes: 8 29.6%
  • no need to block

Votes: 1 3.7%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a fi2000r and thought about blocking the pair valve while im there.........question is.........is it worth it?? Im also wondering should i block them with plates and pull the tubing all the way out or just add marbles??:dontknow: or not worry about it??.......the bike doesnt pop much on decel as of right now anyway. Just didnt know if there was any other benefits to blocking besides less pop on decel?

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I voted for marble, but what I actually used on mine was a big stainless steel bolt. I cut the head off of it, put it in the tubes, and then put a zip tie around the line to make double sure it doesn't move.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I voted for marble, but what I actually used on mine was a big stainless steel bolt. I cut the head off of it, put it in the tubes, and then put a zip tie around the line to make double sure it doesn't move.
If I was going to do it, that is the exact way I would do it.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Haven't thought about till now, but what if you just put in the plates and bolt everything back up like it was? Wouldn't this in effect block all the lines?
Yep, sure would. It is just easier to block the hoses and not have to make/buy the plates. No biggy either way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did the block off plates on my VTX and I tell you that front plate was a mother*&^^ to get at... I am planning to do the marble method on my 9, less work, less money and less hassel from what I have read.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Blocking plates was one of the first mods I did. I had some serious decel-popping after I installed the Dragsters.....all gone now.

Figured if I didn't need all the tubing, then its GOTTA GO!!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I did the block off plates on my VTX and I tell you that front plate was a mother*&^^ to get at... I am planning to do the marble method on my 9, less work, less money and less hassel from what I have read.
I did my vtx 1300 as well and yes...it sucked. I ended up doing the valve check and that was easier then the pair valve delete. lol

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
It probably won't be big enough....
That's what she said. :joke: Belly Bump.

Blocking plates was one of the first mods I did. I had some serious decel-popping after I installed the Dragsters.....all gone now.

Figured if I didn't need all the tubing, then its GOTTA GO!!!
I did this on my M50 and the front tube was a beyatch! But on the M50 it only had one air filter on the pipe side and then on the left side it had this whole ugly pair valve contraption.

Where is the pair valve even at on the M109? I must have seen it and not even known what it was. It's not noticeable to me and I dont' have any popping issues with the bike either. :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Where is the pair valve even at on the M109? I must have seen it and not even known what it was. It's not noticeable to me and I dont' have any popping issues with the bike either. :dontknow:
It's on top of the front cylinder....the radiator cowling covers all that stuff up so it's virtually gone.

Since you still have your CAT in place, you will never hear your pipes pop/back-fire.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
It's on top of the front cylinder....the radiator cowling covers all that stuff up so it's virtually gone.

Since you still have your CAT in place, you will never hear your pipes pop/back-fire.
Ooh even better yet. Looks like I'm out of the woods on this then. I don't see it being necessary then for my setup. :doorag:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Ooh even better yet. Looks like I'm out of the woods on this then. I don't see it being necessary then for my setup. :doorag:
:agree: totally un-necessary for those running stock pipes. It's not a big deal to plug the lines....maybe a 30 minute job from start to finish.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts