M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopfully some of you can answer a couple of questions
Is this one of the pair valves?
http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20061019/d/d/c/ddc1a32d224815abe30af3ca7696e0f90_large.jpg[img/]

If it is I've seen pics of a pair valve blocking plate. Why would I want to and what can be gained be blocking the valves off.
Thanks for the info guys

Sean

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Most people do the blockoff plate after they do an exaust mod so it will get rid of the decel pop. No hp to be gained.

·
Registered
665 Posts
It helps on the back firing,and crackle when letting off the throttle,with after market pipes. This was done on the Kaw Mean Streak Long ago. Infact on the Mean Streak,guys were putting marbles in the hose to block it off,worked just as well as the plates. If you want to remove all of the emission stuff,the plates would be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I think it helps stop the popping in the exhaust ! I think :eek:
I have the block off plates but still waiting on my plugs so i can do it all at the same time :bigthumbsup:
JSD,Plugs & Block off plates,Lemonster,Perry,Hal OR JR would be the ones to give you the correct info on the Plates!I'm learning a lot from them, I got mine Per Perry's advice and myself and friend were talking about it and i Think the reason was for the Popping in the Exhaust.Later Silentrider :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Damn I need to take typing classes :D they chimed in before i could write my reply :D
But i was right and i learned it from Perry :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool :bigthumbsup: that's what I was thinkin I just wanted to be sure. Do any of you know if there are difference between the CA models and the NonCA models aside fromthe the tank capicity?
Thanks for the info everyone

·
Registered
890 Posts
Fencer said:
::) Oh Puleasse everyone knows Black is fastest :D
Pssssssst

Black is actually a Silver...not ridden nearly hard enough :evil: :joke:

Devilish

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:D RED is the color they picked to put on the fastest Bikes and the reason is so when us Red rider's run threw a intersection at warp 11 and the officer only see a flash he think's it's just the light changing to Red and keeps eating his Donut :joke: Saves ticket's that way :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, ok, whatever ::) :D back to the topic at hand. are the CA models emissions different from the models emissions. If so will I have issues if I cap off the valves. Also what about the little box that both ends go into, what do I do about that? I have JR's exhaust and I do have popping issues so any help you all can give would be great :bigthumbsup:
Thanks
Sean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts