M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to paint the calipers on my blue LE, and I did a search and it looks like a few people said they were going to do the same thing but never posted the after pictures.

Anyone have a picture of a blue LE with red calipers?

·
Registered
109 Posts
calipers

I am gettin ready to do mine but in black if I have any luck I will post and let you know how it worked out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like your bike BTW, I thought about going with the blacked out look but it would be too much work for me so I'm going with the chromed look and was thinking of doing red calipers. Anyone have an opinion on how that would look?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Dang I'm on the fence about getting mine painted as well. Looks like we could have a few guys with them soon. I'll post pics in a couple weeks if I get mine painted as well.

Here's a pic of a members bike that did red calipers. I think it was a guy named EXUP.

G

·
Powdered mine, turned out nice an easy to take apart just make sure you tape everything off properly. but you would wanna do your fork spindles as well to make it look right, an if you do that you may as well do your rotors!!!! It's never ended seems like. Trick with the rotors is take them to a few shops and seem if anyone an chuck them up and turn them down. If you can find someone to do that have the whole rotor powdered an have them just surface them, it is near impossable to tape them off an get powder in all the little holes.. Whatever you do good luck:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks very, very good. Sometimes its the small details like this that really sets a bike off...............and yes it never seems to end.
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rattle canned mine as well. I used paint that is made for brake calipers. I think I picked it up at NAPA. Just make sure you clean them and prep them well. The taping is kind of a b!tch but its worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts