M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could get a real good paint job done for a resonable price? I see a lot bikes with great colors and my black M109r just seems to simple. I'm currently in Texas

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Does anyone know where I could get a real good paint job done for a resonable price? I see a lot bikes with great colors and my black M109r just seems to simple. I'm currently in Texas
Kind of an oxymoron. :D

For a nice detailed paint job just costs $$$. But if you just want a single color, then it is a ton cheaper. Go to a couple of local bike shows and tank to people that own the custom bikes.

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
You do nice work Joe, but you are a little out of reach of my wallet.
If you can't afford it, why turn someone else off?
Sorry, but that's a pretty crappy thing to say to any artist.
Art SHOULD cost a lot, especially since most people haven't the skills.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
there are plenty of good painters out there.

searching around is the best thing you can do. i am sure if you take your time and check out some various places, you will come across one that fits your price range and will do the job that you want for you.

be sure to get feedback from their customers. if they are a reputable person then they will have no problem letting their satisfied customers do the talking for them.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
He does great work, not saying that he doesn't. But I am a teacher and do not make a lot of $$.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Painter needed -- Got one!!

Hey I had a good friend of mine that does awesome work. He is not too bad on the pocket book either.
Check out his sight allkandy.com

His name is Tenn...tell him Chris from Houston sent you.

Keep the shiny parts up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm having Mike Keech do mine. He's out of Mena, AR. He has a Bike in the 2010 snap on calender.:bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I don't think Ryan is bashing me, he's just saying he can't afford it, which is fair.

Prices start at $1500 and can go up to $4k depending on design, color choices, how much airbrush work there is in it. Say I have 20 hours of airbrush time in something, $50 an hr (which is really too cheap), that's $1k right there. Paint and materials often runs $300-$500 alone, prep time, depending on design, taping off graphics can sometimes take a day. You can see how it adds up.
Anybody doing one of these bikes for less than $1200 is screwing himself over and making less $10 an hour. I'm sure not gonna do it for less than I get paid at my day job, especially when doing this takes ALL my free time at home.
Anyways there's some perspective on it.

I'll just leave this here:
http://web.me.com/artworkz/Site/Welcome.html

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't think Ryan is bashing me, he's just saying he can't afford it, which is fair.

Prices start at $1500 and can go up to $4k depending on design, color choices, how much airbrush work there is in it. Say I have 20 hours of airbrush time in something, $50 an hr (which is really too cheap), that's $1k right there. Paint and materials often runs $300-$500 alone, prep time, depending on design, taping off graphics can sometimes take a day. You can see how it adds up.
Anybody doing one of these bikes for less than $1200 is screwing himself over and making less $10 an hour. I'm sure not gonna do it for less than I get paid at my day job, especially when doing this takes ALL my free time at home.
Anyways there's some perspective on it.

I'll just leave this here:
http://web.me.com/artworkz/Site/Welcome.html
just took a look at your site , love your work and thanks for the heads up on what a paint job cost

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Just some more perspective on pricing. Custom bike shop here-$1200.00 for just one solid color change. I do know someone that had theirs done for $500.00 but looking at it, let's just say you get what you pay for :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The post is almost a year old but prices remain the same, if you want a better deal work with you painter in his slow times of the year, I adjust my prices accordingly.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
The post is almost a year old but prices remain the same, if you want a better deal work with you painter in his slow times of the year, I adjust my prices accordingly.
true same here, but i mainly stick to painting from thanksgiving to about April

1 - 20 of 20 Posts