M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me a while, but the stock wheel treatment wasn't cutting it. I decided to paint my wheel, but I also polished the lip to give it the contrast that I wanted. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out. Now here's the pic's (I'm also waiting for the lowering bones from Jason)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Duuude, I dig the polished piece.   Looks great :bigthumbsup:  I considered doing mine like that, but left the just the very far outside of the wheel exposed. 

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Looks great ................ I am planning to doing that for one of the winter projects :doorag:

I there any way you can post bigger pics ;)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thanks for the bigger pics :bigthumbsup: ................ btw what did you use to strip the wheels?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used paint remover for the majority of the paint, and what the paint remover didn't attack, I took off with a scrotch brite wheels, then mother's metal polisher. I'm glad for the good reviews, now I got to let my arms rest a few days from all of that stroking (wheel polishing ;)).
I can't wait for Jasons bones, then it will have an awesome look.
A couple of days of labor is cheaper than chroming, and more unique plus it matches my 400+hp Z28 :D
Ed

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Like the look, and your bike will prove once and for all, without a doubt, Black is the fastest color. 'cause now you don't even have those pesky silver wheels. :joke: :clap2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts