M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about painting the chrome part of my Nacelle this winter....want to see pics of finished products. My bike is black, so I would like to see some black ones if possible.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I will have to see if I can find them. I think it looks better but I have a blue flame job on my tank and it just makes the tank stick out more with it being black.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did mine with a rattle can from colorrite so the color is a little off but you can get an idea of how it looks.... I like the painted look..:bigthumbsup:

How clean are you able to get it using the colorite paint? I usually take my stuff to a paint shop to get it done, but would consider this if it would come out nice. I have rattle canned some stuff, but never anything that is as visible as the healight. Also, how many coats are you using, and are you using clear coat? BTW, love your bike....it is one of the best on the forum IMO.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have one painted black. just not finished. im going to have it pinstriped before final coats of clear.winter project is your bike black with blue pearl an are you going to spray it yourself with autopaint

·
Registered
445 Posts
Heres mine. Not black , but its painted.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I no it not black but it is painted,and we also painted the lower chrome pieces at the bottom of the radiator shroud.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Tyler,love the use of both gloss and flat blacks on there!!!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I want to paint mine when I get the money for a paint job. Two things I have never liked are the chrome on the nacelle and the tach. I already got rid of the tach now I just have to paint the nacelle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the examples guys....definitely solidified my decision to go ahead and do it. Lots of sharp bikes on here. Agree that the chrome on the nacelle detracts from the looks of the bike...hence my decision to paint.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts