M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to change my forks to black and ive read about people painting them and also wrapping them with sticker material. I want to do the least amount of tear down as possible as i do not like to be without my bike!!!:D........just curious which route to go or if anyone has pointers on the way they did it, or maybe a how to of what they did?? anything helps.......thanks

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i think a few members on here have used a carbon fiber material to wrap their forks. imho, it looked very nice. i think if you are looking for the route that takes you down the road to the least amount of down time and cost, then perhaps wrapping your forks is the way to go.

hopefully some of the members that have done those mods will chime in here soon and also provide you with some pictures.

good luck.

G

·
I would take the time to atleast paint them, I powdered mine but that is pricey for tearing them clear apart while your there do seals an all that. But the forks pull out real easy so you an tape them off a paint them pretty cheap. I tried the wrap an didn't like it. Not saying it can't be done or someone can't make it look good but I couldn't , in 2 places on each fork it tapers to a bigger Dia. Now some work with a heat gun you may get it I dunno how the others on here overcame that. Best of luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info. i was thinkin it would be worth my time to paint......still curious on how people were gettin the wrap to lay down well.

G

·
I think if I went with th wrap I would have to get it over the taper all the way to the bottom tree same at the very end or I wouldn't do it at all. That's just me but I can't settle for less when I know I can do better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts