M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, have not debadged yet, figured I would do it when I am ready to do graphics or something. Then I was thinking maybe some small air brush job would be better, something very Conservative, or just a simple graphic pattern. My question is graphics are decals right? How well do those hold up vs say air brushing? It would not make sense to do something then have it looking like heck 6mo later from washing etc, anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,
Blur, MN

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Step away from the stickers! I am picking up a 109 to customize but also to start turning over the paint sets like I do with the vtx's. I will have a silver bike in stock in the next couple of days and will be able to do your custom paint job, get it the way you want and exchange with your current set after it is done. NO down time for you and I can tape off the design on the bike for the guys who want a paint scheme that runs across the panels like my current 109 does.

Who is ready?

·
Registered
752 Posts
vtxoak said:
Step away from the stickers! I am picking up a 109 to customize but also to start turning over the paint sets like I do with the vtx's. I will have a silver bike in stock in the next couple of days and will be able to do your custom paint job, get it the way you want and exchange with your current set after it is done. NO down time for you and I can tape off the design on the bike for the guys who want a paint scheme that runs across the panels like my current 109 does.

Who is ready?
I will be ready, in November when the snow finally stops me. The freezing temperatures of October won't but that pesky snow will.

·
Registered
721 Posts
L-Train said:
I will be ready, in November when the snow finally stops me. The freezing temperatures of October won't but that pesky snow will.
I did an entire winter in Denver on a 750 Vulcan...
Had the bike, a Honda civic.... wife and two kids that needed a car during the day.
So I am left with a bike to ride to work and back 5 day's a week (stock tires)Â :D .

It was very interesting to say the least. And though I never dropped it in the snow, I do not wish to repeat it!!!

Edit !!

Sorry for the off topic.... I say PAINT!!!!!
However, I sold my '02 Z28 and bought the M109r because I needed the extra money... No new paint for Prowler :(

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
Had the bike, a Honda civic.... wife and two kids that needed a car during the day.
So I am left with a bike to ride to work and back 5 day's a week (stock tires)Â :D .

It was very interesting to say the least. And though I never dropped it in the snow, I do not wish to repeat it!!!
Wow! I remember the winter of 83 or 84 it seems like it was below zero for all fo december and January in Denver. I can't imagine doing that in Denver again, I am staying in Florida for the year round summer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I went the decal way on my Busa just incase i didnt like it i could easily remove it you know how it is you get bored with things after awhile

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
vtxoak said:

Who is ready?
That sounds like an awesome way to get a custom paint job. So, what sort of price with this run? I sent you a price request PM, but haven't heard back from you. What will doing it this way run for something like the flames design you have on your bike?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:

Edit !!

Sorry for the off topic.... I say PAINT!!!!!
However, I sold my '02 Z28 and bought the M109r because I needed the extra money... No new paint for Prowler  :(
Yeah. I went a few winters out here with no car. Now I climb all winter instead of ride.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Medic1210 said:
That sounds like an awesome way to get a custom paint job. So, what sort of price with this run? I sent you a price request PM, but haven't heard back from you. What will doing it this way run for something like the flames design you have on your bike?
I am picking up the bike today and will be out of town for a couple of weeks then ready to go again. Send me a pm as to what you are thinking of doing, when you want to do it and how fast you want it turned around. Keep in mind my bike has mutiple graphic, flake and candy and I spent more time with the graphics because I ran them across the panels.

I hesitate to post a blanket price structure because there are so many variables. I can tell you that I run an auction on ebay under the vtx section and do a single color with single graphics with candy or pearl starting at $795 plus shipping. If you get more detailed and want more airbrushing then the price will go up based on the time involved. The 109 does have a lot more to paint than the vtx.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
:eek: :yikes: :bow: ...that's all I've got to say about that... lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Graphics are fine if they're done right. That's why I do my own. I've put graphics on my own cars and none ever started peeling off, including one that I kept for 10 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts