M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All. I chipped my white stripe on the gas tank today. Left a little 1/8" void of blue in the white stripe on my gas tank. Colorite is about $40 for the base and paint shipped. Seems a little excessive for a tiny chip. Anyone have any ideas how to repair this without spending so much?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Carefull with Colorite, make sure you do a test, colorite colors do not match factory paint exactly. They do state you can tint to match.

I didn't :doh: and blew just under $200 to re-paint a couple of the side covers this winter. Lighting wasn't good enough in my garage - got it out in the sunlight, not even close. I'm going to repaint the entire bike this winter. FYI - LE Stripe has a metalflake in it, touch up may be just as noticable as the chip :-\

·
Registered
361 Posts
Do you have a mobile paint repair in Ft. Wayne? Here in Roanoke we have a company called Color on Parade that will come to you and repair minor dents and paint. I had the local guy here fix a spot on my rear fender and it matches completely and only $38.00.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a mobile paint repair in Ft. Wayne? Here in Roanoke we have a company called Color on Parade that will come to you and repair minor dents and paint. I had the local guy here fix a spot on my rear fender and it matches completely and only $38.00.
That sounds like the solution but I don't thing we have that here. I'll give it a try though!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Le stripes are two part base white and pearl. dont think pearl is considered metal flake but maybe. any ways depending on the way it is applied will change the effect IE number of coats air pressure bla bla.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts