M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other PA riders get a letter from the DMV regarding licensing procedures? Basically it states that they realize you have a motorcycle registered in your name, and that you must be properly licensed....really. Instead of looking up my record to see that I actually did have a license, they sent me a letter. More taxpayer money wasted. Anyway, the main difference is that in order to now obtain a LEARNERS PERMIT, you must take a motorcycle knowledge test at a testing center. I guess more professional athletes need to do stupid $hit in order to change the way things are done to make motorcycling safer for the commoners. Moral of the story here, keep your eyes out for more changes, like a repeal of the no helmet law. If you are smart and wear a helmet that wont bother you much, but we are under the microscope. Maybe they will take my loud pipes next. Stay safe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, I also received their waste of paper. I got one for every bike I own. You would think with the same name and same address they would send you one letter no matter how many bikes you own!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Give them a break! they are just trying to make things safer for the Cagers.... :eek: I mean, have you seen the stats???
sometimes when they swerve in front of us they occasionally forget what they were saying to the other person on the phone!!! :yikes: :yikes:

I have that beat for stupidity.
My wife and I went to exchange a cable box for an upgrade. After waiting on line we see the sign that states "No more cable box exchanges done here//out of stock"
so we walk back to the car... BUT I want this done today so I send the wife back in to ask where can we exchange or cable box?
She comes back out fuming... It seems they put up the sign "just in case they run out..." its like lighting the No Vacancy sign when you only have a few rooms left...

I want to move.

Sledzep

·
Registered
898 Posts
LOL.... I got one for you.... Where I live there is a very small area (where my house is) that has no tv cable access and no high speed phone lines... So no DSL or Cable modems available... I currently use high speed wireless for my ISP.... and satellite for tv service.... any way Verizon....my local phone service provider advertises they now have DSL available to my house... I have the wife call and they say yes we will send you a DSL modem and you should be ready to go on such and such date... The day comes and goes no service... time passes.. they call out of the blue one day to ask if I would like DSL service I said sure but I tried this once and nothing ever happened.... Oh but you need the "new" DSL modem.... umm Ok send me that one... blah blah... I now have 3 DSL modems (identical by the way) and a fourth on the way... I am going to see just how many they will send me before they cut me off  :joke:

I have DSL modems for sale cheap if you need one :bigthumbsup:

khrome

G

·
Are you a proffesional motorcycle rider or MFS intructor? If not, I don't see that you have anything to complain about. If states allowed people to drive cars or motorcycles without valid training or license, what kind of roads would we ride on. How safe would we be on the roads? Possibly a lot worse than now.

Reed

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
oldfart said:
Are you a proffesional motorcycle rider or MFS intructor? If not, I don't see that you have anything to complain about. If states allowed people to drive cars or motorcycles without valid training or license, what kind of roads would we ride on. How safe would we be on the roads? Possibly a lot worse than now.

Reed
True, but they don't send a letter to people when they register a car now do they?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got something in the mail from them but my read on it was more that they were trying to explain the new regulations for getting a license.

Last year in PA you could get your permit without ever showing a bit of experience or taking a test. As long as you had a check or moeny order for $10 you could go ride with a permit. This year they changed it so that you need to pass the written test before they give you the permit.

I think there was also a change in how long you could have the permit / renewal limitations.

While it didn't impact me I know that the new permit changes were pretty surprising to some people around here.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Old Fart, Et al, I think you missed my point here. I was trying to show how it took a professional athlete to change things to make riding safer, and how the vast injuries of the common folk go unnoticed. It should not take the actions of a celebrity to change the status quo. Sorry if I was too deep for you monkeys. :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
pizzmor said:
Old Fart, Et al, I think you missed my point here. I was trying to show how it took a professional athlete to change things to make riding safer, and how the vast injuries of the common folk go unnoticed. It should not take the actions of a celebrity to change the status quo. Sorry if I was too deep for you monkeys. :D
So you really think this all started because of his wreck? I highly doubt it. I'm thinking it's more because of the change in requirements for getting your motorcycle endorsement as somebody mentioned above.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well yeah I do. It was a big deal here in PA. Whatever the case may be, the whole letter thing made me giggle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts