M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How did the oyster run go? I'll be making sure I make it next year! Going to see about reservations now. I'm hoping to incorperate this event with the Bella Coola BC run!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Harley heavy as usual. But i did see a couple of 9s that weren't mine. I'll try to remember to post the photos from the run. More than likely Sunday since i got watch and will have nothing better to do for 8 hours

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here's thephotos from oyster run:

The 9s I saw:

And here'sthe other non-harley/sport bikes I felt were photo worthy:

and a unique buick:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you 60ratrod! Holly amazing ! Look at all that cool stuff, and the older bikes are fantastic tooooo! I've been looking in our local classified adds checking out the smaller bikes, do they call them coffee bikes or coffee bobbers or something like that, I don't know the lingo, but I like the nostalgia of these little old bikes. Lol

the 9s you saw were a nice surprise as well, that Buick with the machine gun in it is amazing! Looks like you got some sunshine as well.

I'll be looking at my calander more closely this year so I can get my holidays at this time. Rain or shine! Lol

your awesome thank you so much for posting.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I sold both of my old bike earlier this year so i have soft spot for the old kawasaki kz and suzuki gs bikes. And us guys that are into the old or "vintage" bikes(if you can think of anything from the 80's as "vintage") actually kinda hate the bobber and cafe guys cause they usually chop up a good vintage with a sawzall and call it a day. Very rarely will you see a well done bobber or cafe bike. What i did with my 81 kz is about as far as i would go with doing a cafe. Personally i hate seeing all that frame. But if it's doe right, cafes are really cool bikes. After my move i think i wanna do a vtwin cafe from a vulcan 900, since you can usually get them cheap, like $3kish

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I sold both of my old bike earlier this year so i have soft spot for the old kawasaki kz and suzuki gs bikes. And us guys that are into the old or "vintage" bikes(if you can think of anything from the 80's as "vintage") actually kinda hate the bobber and cafe guys cause they usually chop up a good vintage with a sawzall and call it a day. Very rarely will you see a well done bobber or cafe bike. What i did with my 81 kz is about as far as i would go with doing a cafe. Personally i hate seeing all that frame. But if it's doe right, cafes are really cool bikes. After my move i think i wanna do a vtwin cafe from a vulcan 900, since you can usually get them cheap, like $3kish
Thanks for the lingo clarification, didn't know what was what, so the cafe and the bobber are both modified bikes, are any made like that from factory? Just wondering what stirred up the bikes to be called that?

I look forward to some pictures of your sold bikes and bikes and maybe a few of your next hopeful.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i'll post some photos here in a little bit. I think I have photos of all of them on my photo bucket

·
Registered
216 Posts
found some.

my 81 Suzuki gs650g just before I sold it. it looks dirty from the paint project on the kz:

and my beloved 81 Kawasaki kz1000m1 csr. this is another bike I will have one day:
after I got it running:

during a random weekend midnight run:

after paint was finished:

and a photo from last summer of the 3 that I had at the time including the 2007 Vulcan 900 classic. the kz was in primer all last year:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
found some.

my 81 Suzuki gs650g just before I sold it. it looks dirty from the paint project on the kz:

and my beloved 81 Kawasaki kz1000m1 csr. this is another bike I will have one day:
after I got it running:

during a random weekend midnight run:

after paint was finished:

and a photo from last summer of the 3 that I had at the time including the 2007 Vulcan 900 classic. the kz was in primer all last year:
Holly! Check out the double disk brakes on both of those, and the newer bigger bike doesn't have it? Go figure? I realy enjoy looking at these as I learned to ride on the Suzuki 650

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/2004-suzuki-savage-650

it did not have double front disk breakers? I hated it! That was one of my main criterias for buying the 9, I'm surprised all bikes don't have double front brakes, it's just so much safer!

you sure have done some great work with those bikes, what an excellent hobby! Isn't it getting harder to finde parts?

·
Registered
216 Posts
well when the 2007 Vulcan 900 is only making a paltry 40hp, double disks are more of a luxury item, where as my kz1000 was about the same weight and was running almost 100hp. and you can bet your backside parts are getting harder to get. there are times where you have to make, modify, or retrofit other parts to keep these things on the road. the gs650g was the hardest to find parts for since it was only made for 3 years, and didn't share many parts with the other gs bikes.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
well when the 2007 Vulcan 900 is only making a paltry 40hp, double disks are more of a luxury item, where as my kz1000 was about the same weight and was running almost 100hp. and you can bet your backside parts are getting harder to get. there are times where you have to make, modify, or retrofit other parts to keep these things on the road. the gs650g was the hardest to find parts for since it was only made for 3 years, and didn't share many parts with the other gs bikes.
Thanks, very interesting.

Now I see why so many people have adds in the classifieds offering free removal or offering cash for parts bikes. The parts are worth more than the bike as a whole.

koodos to you for taking on those projects!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.