M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get some discussion started to plan the ride to the Oyster run. I am trying to get to the Oyster Run, planning to ride 2 up and have about 8 or 9 riders from the SOC riding along. Do any of you plan to camp out on friday night? Are there some good spots to camp?

·
Registered
612 Posts
What is the Oyster Run? Never heard of it!

JUST KIDDING! :duck:

I am not able to make it to the Vegas meeting, but have the time off already requested off to enjoy as much of the Oyster Run and some extra time after! I have plans to ride 2-Up....yes! I will have a passenger! :bigthumbsup:

Jason,
I'll send you a text soon to see if we can confirm some plans. (no need to worry about snoring anymore!)

-Cameron C.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
+ 10 Aussies... for the week around the Oyster Run

·
Registered
303 Posts
I need info!! Never been I know nothing about it :dontknow:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Had a GREAT tme last year!!! You wont want to miss it!!!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
What is the "Oyster Run" to us ?

Last year Bambam and his sweet lady stayed with us a few days before the Oyster Run weekend.
We did a nice ride Friday to the the ice caves through Granite Falls to get Rick(Bambam) familiar with the bike and roads.
Saturday we met in the morning with friends to ride to the top of Washington Pass(highway 20) and see the Mecca of Pacific Northwest riding experiences. It was incredible!!
We rode back to my place for the PARTY! There we had a bonfire...the kind that gets stoked with a midsize John Deere tractor!
Sunday morning we fired up and rode to the Mukelteo Ferry for a scenic ride to Whidbey Island. There we met up with more 109 friends. We then rode the island to the top of a mountain and hiked,took pictures,and listened to the rumble below us of motorcycles cruising to the Anacortes Oyster Run destination.
As we rode into town with the tens of thousands of bikers we were greeted with banners and waives from the locals as if we were celebrities!
After several hours of fun ,food ,music,and shopping we sobered up to ride to my house for party number two!
Monday we woke and met for breakfast to laugh and cry and realize that we all had one of the most incredible times of our lives with new friends!

Now we are starting the "party" a week early in Las Vegas! Several 109ers from around the world are joining us this time!!
Thanks Sir Bambam!!
A tradition had begun...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'm working on attending but my schedule is not cooperating. I'll know more as the date gets closer. Sounds like a great time!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm in for sure, probably take up the 5th wheel like last year, lots of great places to stay. I'll probably go up a couple of days early, get settled, and hang out. I'm up for meeting you guys at Smokey Point and heading back on the bike though, it's always fun to ride in a group!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just wanted to get some discussion started to plan the ride to the Oyster run. I am trying to get to the Oyster Run, planning to ride 2 up and have about 8 or 9 riders from the SOC riding along. Do any of you plan to camp out on friday night? Are there some good spots to camp?
I recommend this one, stayed there last year, a bit out of town, but it was nice that way. Took a couple of great rides through the islands too, instead of sticking to town.

www.pioneertrails.com

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Sorry it took me so long to reply, but work got in the way. I am planning on meeting up with my Tacoma chapter and friends at my house then riding up to RMC to meet the Renton crew. I will post more info as it gets closer with times etc...

Saturday the 19th of June I will be going to Tacoma Motorsports at 1000 (am) for the SOC meeting and we will be talking about our plans for the Oyster Run as well as other rides coming up. Anyone who wants to come out is welcome and encouraged. (even my retard cousin and his stupid Hardley Doinsome)

There is a lunch ride this saturday up at Aurora Suzuki that starts at 0900, this should be a great ride, it has some great stops and the lunch at the Olympic Timber House Restaurant is supposed to be real good. I have to work on my bathroom plumbing on friday so if the **** doesn't get too deep I will be there. If any of you make it up/over/down to this ride, talk to John and let him know Buzzcut sent you, John is a good friend of mine and he would love to see some 109's other than just mine there.

ohh! and bring a camera, these rides tend to have some great photo ops.

·
Registered
800 Posts
" BUZZCUT" Have you been reading the forum or just typing! You want to see some 9'ers, show up for the meets we do as well! This Saturday we have a good showing going on to Leavenworth. Come along and bring some of those Hardleys if they can keep up. We'll take it easy on them I promise!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:agree:"Doberman" yeah, been reading too, and it would be nice to see more guys out on our badazz bikes. I am the only m109r rider in my chapter and the only one that makes the Renton chapter rides. I look forward to seeing more 9s in a group ride and love the idea of you and all the other Washington riders getting together on some of the ones I ride on. You guys are great on the forum, but you know how it's hard to tell what someones personality is like on a computer. As far as the Hardleys....I don't take it easy on thier cute little bikes, neither should anyone else...they started it anyway. Hah!

Wish I could make Leavenworth, but I gotta fix the bathroom or my wife is going to kill me, or worse, hide my bike keys.:mad:

·
Registered
168 Posts
boo, whats another week without a bathroom?...make a nice candlelight dinner for her friday night, and say; " look, here's the deal, i'll do the bathroom next week. i have to meet these awesome new people...otherwise only harley riders will want to ride with me, i'll never get to ride with the cool kids again." she'll go for it, i promise :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
boo, whats another week without a bathroom?...make a nice candlelight dinner for her friday night, and say; " look, here's the deal, i'll do the bathroom next week. i have to meet these awesome new people...otherwise only harley riders will want to ride with me, i'll never get to ride with the cool kids again." she'll go for it, i promise :bigthumbsup:
Spoken like a PRO! NOW grow a set and put it into action and come with me this Sunday your excuse isn't even as good as a bathroom repair :a20: (Sorry outside joke)

Buzz try your hardest to make it to Leavenworth bud! We got a good group this month! The more the merrier! As far as the oyster run keep an eye out on here as it gets closer! best place to stay is out of the chaos in Anacortes just keep in mind a lot of guys will be riding the ferry to Whidbey Island and meeting up with more at the south end of the island. :a18:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Better yet bring Her along with ya! I'm bringing mine... This way I know I'm Guarenteed Hotel SEX, Dinner and a Awesome ride!!!!! That's what Bullrider/Miss Bullrider call's it anyways...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts