M109 Rider Forums banner

Which describes you the best?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not looking for any personal information. I am just trying to see how many of us work overtime at work. I want to show the difference of work ethics from then to now, to 2 teenagers. Thanks for participating!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My employers really try to avoid having to pay time and a half. But I do side work, sometimes 3-4 times week, after work, for some extra cash. :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
im 21 and i work around 60 hours a week need as much money as possible for mods lol

·
Registered
550 Posts
Self employed in my case means 24/7. My family time,vacations are always interupted by works thoughts even my sleep. The time on my bike is the place I can get away.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Overtime all the time

Well being in the Army kinda sucks and being deployed right now in Afgh as a mechanic. I got to work till the truck is fixed 7 days a week to keep my guys rolling clearing the roads they drive.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yeah, I am scheduled for 48 hours a week and get paid for 40, freaking awesome eh! I have heard of "Over time" but as of yet I really don't understand the concept...:joke:

Good luck with the teenagers hink

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I am salaried now and put in about 50 hours a week. Man when I was hourly and times were good I used to work 7 days a week and usually racked up 20 hours of overtime. Then every thing just dropped off the face of the planet and I went overnight down to 32 hours. Talk about a Hugh lifestyle change.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I got overtime any time I wanted it for over 8 years, and then the economy went into the crapper!!!!!!!! Laid off and still looking.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I used to get paid OT, and it was a good thing as I put in 60 hour weeks. When the bottom dropped out of the auto industry, OT was cut first, then people but the workload didn't change. More work, less people. I recently changed positions in my company and my new role does not require nearly the same amount of OT, but I would still put in that level of effort if required.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I get lulls every once in a while but my hours range all over the place. Usually at least 48 hours a week and when a project starts it get's to about 55-90 a week and sometimes more for those times when things aren't going according to plan. I'm a workaholic I guess.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
normaly we work anywhere from 56 hours to 61 hours (steel fabrocator) so we work alot of hours when there is work, but these last couple of years they have cut all overtime and are just barly keeping us busy enough for 40 hours this last year we have had lay offs just about every other month I do not know if they will be able to make it through this, I`m not real sure buy the time my shoulder is healed and I`m able to go back to work that I will have a job to go back to!!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
il admit i take whatever the company gives and depending on the companies agenda/budget could be anywhere from 10-40 hours a week of course right now its next to nothing

·
Registered
153 Posts
I work a 8 day work week with 6 days off in between and in the 8 days i usually get about 20hrs OT so about 100 hrs in 8 days

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I am salary , But my company takes full advantage of that .

But I own a little tile business and I do that as much as I can .

I also do HVAC on the side I have my warm air license

So I am hardly ever home due to side work and full time job .

1 - 20 of 55 Posts