M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
The bike has one of the front brake caliper and rotor removed.  Why, Why, Why?  He cut his front braking ability in half. 

Looks can KILL !

·
Registered
696 Posts
i was wondering about that too...maybe that's why he is selling.... at 1350 miles bike is just starting to fly... chrome and all is a nice upgrade... but for god's sake put the brakes back on...mjm

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes, he probably spent a large chunk of change on the chrome work, etc, but you can almost NEVER expect to get more out of a vehicle than what you put into it. No matter how you look at it, this is a used bike. You never truly know how well he did on break-in, etc, and there is something about putting the first miles on a machine.

And yes, I was shaking my head at his break 'mod', too. Why?????? My only guess is he couldn't afford a second braided brake line after paying for the chrome work, so he just took the 2nd rotor / caliper off.

All I can say is I wish him luck.

G

·
I have been trading on E-bay for about a year and all i can say is, if someone wants something bad enough, you never know. I have seen stuff go way cheap and othe stuff go way, way over retail. He has high hopes for getting the money he is asking, but you never know.

·
Registered
254 Posts
J.R. I am intriqued. How fast have you gone on a bike, a car and doing a wheelie on a bike?
-D

G

·
J R said:
242 two wheels. between 178 - mid 180,s on one wheel on bike.( some say ive busted 200 on the back wheel on the street and i believe it also but cant prove it ) cars ,Ive been over 200 in the 1/4 and mid 240,s topend .Did more wheelies in cars and bikes than ill ever remember.
Dude, you are the man!!!

Beers +1 here...
:beer3: :beer2:

As to the guy selling the single sided front brake system on the 109, I think it looks like @$$!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
My friend, you have a treasure chest of experiences that define your wealth. 242 on 2 wheels. I wouldn't be able to imagine that on a simulator. I remember your post in reference to the video of "ghost rider" or something like that. Everybody was trippin' about the video, me included, and you chimed in with a calm, lucid insight as to the added entertainment value when you lift the front end at 180. I just shook my head. Like a gunslinger looking over 5 fresh bodies and expressing dissappointment over a wasted bullet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I love to go 'Well' but pushing envelopes hard has never been comfortable for me, hence my amazement as a spectator.

Hope your day was better than most. Keepn' fingers crossed.
-D

·
Registered
254 Posts
The poor bastard in the next rocking chair over is going to be in for an earfull...... :read:
:bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts