M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS, ANYONE HAVING A OVERHEATING PROBLEM SHOULD CHECK THE COOLING FAN HARNESS'
PLUG ISIDE RADIATOR SCHROUD ON LEFT SIDE NEAR RESEVOIR - MINE WASN'T EVEN PLGGED IN...
OVERHEATED IN TRAFFIC AND LEFT ME PISSED...AFTER TALKING TO SEVERAL OTHER BUDDIES WITH
AN M - 3 OF 7 (INCLUDING MINE) WERE NOT PLUGGED..... NICE WORKMANSHIP.....

GODZUKI

symptoms - temp light came on and idle stumbled - shut it down for 10 minutes while checking things -
restarted and continued (was 150 miles from home), as long as i was moving it stayed cool......

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks, for the heads up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My fan is plugged in but it never comes on. I removed the radiator shroud, neck covers... all the unnecessary crap from the front end and it runs LOTS cooler due to better air circulation around the engine. The covers may look nice (if you dig all the plastic) but mine runs naked.

mania

·
Registered
664 Posts
Brian1882 said:
you got any pictures of it with them parts off it...
+1

and on a side note, mine comes on everyday here in georgia... especially when in traffic... but thats why we got em :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
721 Posts
godzuki said:
HEY GUYS, ANYONE HAVING A OVERHEATING PROBLEM SHOULD CHECK THE COOLING FAN HARNESS'
PLUG ISIDE RADIATOR SCHROUD ON LEFT SIDE NEAR RESEVOIR - MINE WASN'T EVEN PLGGED IN...
OVERHEATED IN TRAFFIC AND LEFT ME PISSED...AFTER TALKING TO SEVERAL OTHER BUDDIES WITH
AN M - 3 OF 7 (INCLUDING MINE) WERE NOT PLUGGED..... NICE WORKMANSHIP.....

GODZUKI
Can I find this plug without pulling anything off??
I can't seem to remember actually hearing the thing run, but I am here in Austin TX and have been in 100 degree rush hour (stop and wait, move 10 feet etc etc...) many times with no issue's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts