M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the red light come on in stop and go traffic the other day, then puked rad fluid when I stopped! When I installed my stebel I wonder if I could have disconnected my rad fan by mistake. Anyone else had this happen?

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
They are two different connectors. Not to say that you could not of disconnected it. Do this

1. Fill the cooling system back up
2. Start it and let it run
3. Check to make sure that the thermostat it opening up, You can tell by feeling the hoses. One will get hot when it does you know that your thermostat is opening, I think it is the upper one.
4. Then wait for the fan to cycle, turn on. You an always pig tail in a test light at the connection in case your fan has died.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
:agree: Make sure your fan is running, it should come on after about 15 minutes of idling. I've seen more than one on here that came disconnected on their own.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have had mine running in the garage for long periods of time and never had the fan come on at idle.

It worried me enough to power the fan directly to test it and it was fine.

I have only ever noticed it on when riding hard on rather hot days.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
I have had mine running in the garage for long periods of time and never had the fan come on at idle.

It worried me enough to power the fan directly to test it and it was fine.

I have only ever noticed it on when riding hard on rather hot days.
Never? Mine will come on right at the end of the 15/3 oil check on warmer days, but not on cold days. Or after running it slow through the mountains it will sometimes turn on if I've only had the bike off a few minutes, such as when stopping to take some pictures.

The fan is very quiet so if the bike is running I usually notice the air movement more than the fan noise. Unlike a friends Buell Ulysses that I can hear running when he's 3 cars ahead of me. They of course are air cooled, but they have a fan that cools the rear cylinder head. Sounds like it should have a turbo on it from the noise it makes. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fan issues

thanks guys, will take all the plastic off...again! and try out some of your suggestions. Maybe I'll be able to find out where that large centre plastic plug that I took off the bottom of my rad shroud goes now...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts