M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our BBQ is scheduled for Friday, September 22 at 6PM at our warehouse in Hendersonville, NC. It will run until we run out of food and then some of the boys will move it to the hotel parking lot forlying and beer drinking.

This is in conjunction with the "Wings Over the Smokies" that is held just down the road at Fletcher, NC on Thursday-Saturday. We will not be at the Wings Over the Smokies rally this year. So you have to come by the BBQ to see us.

There is no cost to attend but we would ask that you respond to this post and just give us your name and the number of people that you will be bringing.

We are also going to be doing a BBQ special sale on everything we sell. So if you can get there we will get you the best prices on everything we sell on Thursday and Friday at our warehouse. Including the brands that we can't normally discount over the Internet.

So if you want some wheeling and dealing this will be it.

Please post your name and number of folks you are bringing in this thread so we can plan for the amount of food.

We started this BBQ about 4 years ago for the Gold Wing group and added the VTX group and now any M109's are welsome. Last year we had several hundred bikes there. I don't know what to expect this year with all thats going on in the world. But we will have the BBQ anyway.

We are located at 1548 Airport Road
Hendersonville, NC

Exit Interstate 26 either at the US 64 exit or the Upward Road exit:

·
Registered
256 Posts
man that sounds like fun...especially the after party   :D

sure wished i could go, but i cant.... :(  but yall have fun!  :bigthumbsup:

(sure like that part of the country too )

tc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J R said:
How close is this to Charlotte and Statesville area ? If ya happen to know off hand ? I might just could make that if its close to there :bigthumbsup:
Its just over an hour from Charlotte.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hal, can you give us the address of the warehouse and the name of the hotel. I am going to try and get the FL boys to caravan up there.

·
Registered
315 Posts
3+ hours for Burlington sounds like a nice little ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CW_M109R said:
3+ hours for Burlington sounds like a nice little ride.
My wife is from Burlington. A lot of her family is still there.

Can I have chili and cheese on my Zacks please?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
toneout said:
Hal, can you give us the address of the warehouse and the name of the hotel. I am going to try and get the FL boys to caravan up there.
Our warehouse is at 1548 Airport Road in Hendersonville, NC. This is just down the street from the small Hendersonville airport. Do not confuse it with the Airport Road that is at the big airport over towards Ashville. Somebody always turns up over there. I don't know why cause its not in Hendersonville.

The after BBQ party will be in the parking lot of the Red Roof Inn. Its about 2 miles from our warehouse and adjacent to the exit on I-26. There are other hotels there. Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn and a bunch more as you go towards Ashville.Â

So if you plan on partaking of a few brewskis I would say that the Red Roof Inn is your best choice.

The riding is pretty good in our area. Lots of twisties and lots of good scenery. BBQ Friday, Parking lot party Friday night, riding Saturday and then Home on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
This sounds like a great event and a nice ride from Atlanta up there.

Of course it always works like this. I have a reunion I committed to go to the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th, and the 23rd is my wife's b'day. Now ..... how to work all of this out. Lets see. Skip the reunion on the 22nd, ride up to the BBQ on the 22nd, ride back to ATL in time to take wifey to dinner on the 23rd, and then attend the last day of the reunion on the 24th. A plan is hatched!

·
Registered
702 Posts
That's a 13 hour ride for me(and I was still considering it). I think I could probably do 8 hours in a day. Maybe with a couple other riders along with me I could do it, stock seat and no windshield.

Maybe I'll wait until next year and work my way up to that marathon.

Thanks for the invitation Hal. :super:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Its just over an hour from Charlotte.
Man Google Maps must suck then... It said 4 hours 17 minutes to get there from Rockingham. 180 miles (roughly). I live a little over an hour from Charlotte, so it's quite possible I can make it that night. I have to work that day, but I may be able to switch shifts. I'll give a definite response as the day gets closer. Sounds like fun.

Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
Count me in. I will put my RV at the park there in Hendersonville. Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the group.

Anyone else going from Western NC or Tenn?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Too far for me to ride with only having 1 day off.............. bummer :( ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
GTBozak said:
That's a 13 hour ride for me(and I was still considering it). I think I could probably do 8 hours in a day. Maybe with a couple other riders along with me I could do it, stock seat and no windshield.

Maybe I'll wait until next year and work my way up to that marathon.

Thanks for the invitation Hal. :super:
Promising words from under that icepack.....

Get any riding in today? On that Serta?
Hope yer feeling better. OH went well. I might have sold it.
-D

·
Registered
664 Posts
You can tentatively count me and my wife... Atlanta to Charlotte is a nice ride.. bout 4 hours... figure it will be about the same there...
Only thing that would stop us from coming is if we can't get the day off.... so only 75% sure right now... have to wait till a couple weeks before to tell ya for sure..

Anyone else interested in riding from Atlanta to the BBQ let me know....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts