M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think we have all been in that situation where we wanted to pass someone in front of us doing 20 in a 50.
But what a stupid thing to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, it has been said before, but stupid hurts. The guys in the truck sure have a concern for their fellow man huh???

·
Registered
379 Posts
What a bunch of idiots. I'm talking about the guys in the van. The wreck was obviously no fault of theirs. How stupid of them to just drive away like that. :swear: Duh.... I hope the biker is OK.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree with red1951man. The biker many have been stupid. BUT TO NOT STOP AND SEE IF HE WAS OK IS PLAIN SHEETY! The bigger idiot(s) were the poeple in the van. The most inhumane thing I've seen yet. :cus: :cus: :cus: :swear: :swear:

·
Registered
243 Posts
He was stupid passing blind, but listen what they said in the van. "Man don't stop they will probably kick the sh** out of us for this. Remember whether you like it or not, our bike and all cruiser types, give cagers an uneasy feeling when we ride in groups. THey are scared of us and don't always think rationally... :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow...I'm going to split this one 75/25....mostly the idiot on the bike's fault, but the clowns in the van should've at least stopped to tell his buddies what happened....wonder if the dude is ok?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Not to bright to pass on a double line...he was going to fast...both of them really...and they probably would have crashed anyway considering
if they had negotiated back into the lane...that turn would have been on them to quick by the time they cleared the van on the pass.

The people in the van should have stopped and at least checked to see if he was ok...all one of those guys had to do was get his tag number and claim the
van ran the guys off the road...and stopped momentarily and took off...guess who'd win that case.
...looks like everyone was stupid in that one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow thats one way to get a new bike, maybe he should think about the 109 I think it might be easier to turn. ;)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I don't think it's that his bike was hard to turn...I think it's that he just went straight over...doesn't even look to me like he TRIED to avoid it.

Look at the 2nd guy...that almost blindly follows him over the edge.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Spankster said:
He was stupid passing blind, but listen what they said in the van. "Man don't stop they will probably kick the sh** out of us for this. Remember whether you like it or not, our bike and all cruiser types, give cagers an uneasy feeling when we ride in groups. THey are scared of us and don't always think rationally...  :confused:
I agree, they were scared and shocked. Any one of us would have stopped cause we understand that just cause they are a "gang" of bikers doesn't meant they are mean and gonna beat you up, but it's not their fault the guy was stupid! :eek:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yep. He just went straight. Didn't even lean. Looks like his ego was writing checks his body couldn't cash.

The van could have stopped to help but there were already a bunch of guys running to help. They didn't need to explain what happened because his buddy behind him could have explained it.

The only reason they should have stayed is to drive him to the hospital but what if he had a back injury?

Tough call on the vans actions but the Harley is 100% at fault.

·
Registered
214 Posts
the driver of the van said, "if i would've had a place too park, i would've pulled over"
c'mon, guys give him (the van driver) the benefit of the doubt, ok? on secound thought,
what a dumba$$ cager driver, he should get a ticket for being an idiot , period :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
572 Posts
The van driver should have pulled over and stopped to check if he was okay...

That van could easily have become an ambulance to transport that guy safely to the hospital...

Those bikes could not have transported him... and life flight would not have been able to get in the thick trees of that area...

Stupid how he is worried that the bikers would come after him, not like he did anything... he was driving and the biker was stupid in that case...

·
Registered
133 Posts
That i a fun road to ride too!! Route 129, or other wise known as "The Dragon" or Deals Gap. you see passes like that all the time there, and are very common and not wholely discuraged if done corectly(witch this was not). Personally the guy in the Van should have followed Dragon Etiquete and slowed down or gotten as close to the shoulder as possible to let the faster riders pass. Also the Harley rider should have riden with in his limits and not tried to catch the guy up front.
to see more of that road, check out www.killboy.com or tailofthedragon.com.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts