M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so, this is what happens when an exit is covered in diesel fuel.  I'm fine, just a small scrape on my left arm and banged up a little...fine otherwise. I think bike is mostly cosmetic damage so hopefully I'll be back on it soon.

Anthony (bluem109r)

G

·
Re: ouch...

Crap dude. I am glad you are okay. The bike can be fixed. It must have hurt to watch them tow it away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I think I got out of this lucky with minor scrapes and a bit of road rash.  I accually low-sided and high-sided. First, when the tires entered the fuel it was low-siding, then when it passed through to the clean pavement again it caught grip and high-sided, throwing me off the bike. I quick ran to the side of the road to avoid the other cars spinning out of control on the exit ramp. My fear was being run over!

No worries!   I just hope they're quick in fixing it  :D   I can't wait to get back on it

Now to find oil/diesel fuel resistant tires  lol

Anthony

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Oh no ! not my riding buddy...sheesh ! what a bummer..glad your ok though , a few new parts and you'll be on the road again.
I'll give you a call...to check on you ! Damn I feel bad !

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
BlueM109R said:
yeah so, this is what happens when an exit is covered in diesel fuel.  I'm fine, just a small scrape on my left arm and banged up a little...fine otherwise. I think bike is mostly cosmetic damage so hopefully I'll be back on it soon.

Anthony (bluem109r)

Glad you OK! Your the most important part of the equation ::) ::)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
could have been much worse. wrecks are gonna happen. just glad you walked away from it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WOW! Thanks for all the support guys!

I'm not sure where the diesel fuel came from, but I assume from the pattern of the spray it was from a trucker that had just filled up and left the cap off. At the bottom of the ramp all I noticed was a dark line about a foot wide, similar to the tire marks that build up from cars and truckers. Nothing out of the ordinary so I didn't worry. Then about half way up I noticed it getting wider and I saw a spray pattern where it looked like it "spread" out on the road. By the time I saw that I the exit turn grew sharper and there was no way I could avoid riding through it.

At first I thought I could ride it out , but when both wheels were in the fuel it was out of my hands...

but everyone is right, I'm okay, just a bit banged up. I'm guessing the bike is going to have minor cosmetic damage, and I can't imagine much else since it didn't "hit" anything....we'll see.

You can actually see the fuel on the road...see where it gets darker around the tips of the pipes? Tha's where it starts and spreads across the entire road at the point. The top of the on ramp was compeltely covered. I'm almost glad I dropped it before I got to the top....it would've really sucked to drop it in the middle merging interstate traffic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GSXR_Drew said:
Glad you are ok...how are you going about the issue of fixing your bike? Did you contact the DOT?  If so, what did they say?
I just called Geico, and they're going to look at it. Though I have a problem with them right now. They're saying it's an "at fault" accident. Like I could've possibly avoided this. Banks and insurance companies...I HATE them lol

Haven't contacted DOT yet, didn't think of it. Do you know of any reason I should? message me if you do

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, does anyone know about getting bikes repaired? I'm guessing that I just have it taken to the dealership I bought it from, but are there any other options for bikes? I know with cars you can find repair shops anywhere, is that true for bikes? Can ordinary body shops work on these?

Anthony

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.