M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So did you contemplate buying a V-Rod or is it not your cup of tea?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm glad Harley decided to break the mold and offer something like the Rod but it's not for me. Too small physically and style wise for my taste and more money than I wanted to pay for the model I'd want.
Jer

·
Registered
106 Posts
Almost bought a used one last fall. Glad I didn't want to make payments over the winter or I probably would have. I wouldn't have my monster now had I done that. Good choice to hold off on it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
V-Rods are nice machines. I don't think I ever really considered buying one. I didn't know I was getting a m109r until I walked by it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I test rode a V-Rod the day I bought the 109 but at 6'4" and 250lbs it soon highlighted it wasn't the bike for me as it was just too small.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Considered buying the flat black Nite Rod but couldn't justify the price against what I could get in the 109. Costs a lot of money to add a 250 tire to the Harley, the 109 has it and is $4k less. Not hard to do that math.
Also was seriously considering the Victory Hammer, but again cost and much lower HP!

the 109 wins!

G

·
Never really considered one. Cost was definitely a factor and so was styling. Now if I could have gotten this for a thousand or two more, the decision would have been a lot tougher.

See what I mean? I don't know how much the fat tire conversion is but it has to be several thousands installed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
toneout said:
Never really considered one. Cost was definitely a factor and so was styling. Now if I could have gotten this for a thousand or two more, the decision would have been a lot tougher.

See what I mean? I don't know how much the fat tire conversion is but it has to be several thousands installed.
According to Harley site, about $5,000.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
toneout said:
I don't know how much the fat tire conversion is but it has to be several thousands installed.
The kit in the picture in made by Performance Machine and it $3395 with the recessed license plate, and $2995 without.

Then ya gotta buy a 10 inch wheel and tire, but if I owned a V-Rod I would not hesitate.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I loved the V-rod when it first came out. But like most others I just couldn't justify the price. To be honest I really like a lot of HD bikes. If there prices were in line with everybody elses thats prolly what I'd be riding.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Had a 1800X/C prior to the 109.....I was considering doing a big tire upgrade and was even looking at the new Honda with the bobbed short rear fender. I happened to discover the 109 in a magazine. When I ran the $$$ numbers for the big tire upgrade, fender, paint, hub, rotor, matching front wheel and rotor etc.etc. I decided to go with the 109.....everything I was looking for was in this bike. I have had several people ask me if the bike was in the 15 to 17 K price range.....I get a broad smile when I tell them I paid 12K even....they can't believe the style and amount of bike you get for the $$$$ :) :) :) :) :)

Regarding the V-Rod......it's a beautiful bike and sounds great with a set of V&H pipes.....like others, I just can't justify spending big bucks when something in the caliber of the 109 is available for thousands less.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i considered a vrod, but not for long. i'd decided if i was going to fork out those kind of bucks, i'd go with a souped up victory. the whole harley thing doesn't sit right with me. i think they are good bikes, and think it's cool that they are "american made". however, no harley is worth the money they ask for them. also, the whole fad thing rubs me the wrong way.

after having this 109, i know i made the best choice all around.

·
Registered
343 Posts
phaed said:
i considered a vrod, but not for long. i'd decided if i was going to fork out those kind of bucks, i'd go with a souped up victory. the whole harley thing doesn't sit right with me. i think they are good bikes, and think it's cool that they are "american made". however, no harley is worth the money they ask for them. also, the whole fad thing rubs me the wrong way.

after having this 109, i know i made the best choice all around.
I'm with you, I can't justify spending that kind of cash on a bike that feels like you're sittin' on a brick bat. No thanks! The 109'er is more comfortable and more stylish. Oh, by the way, I hear it's fast too!
http://www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
817 Posts
I guess I'm different from most of you here. A lot have mentioned the fact that the 109 is a better value for the money than the V-Rod; and that it is. But the reason I bought it is because it's just a better bike, period.

Quite frankly, the money issue was not that big a deal to me. If I thought the Rod was a better bike, I'd have bought it. But it just isn't. Sure, the $4K makes the decision that much easier. But if they had been the same price, I'd have still gone with the M109.

·
Registered
93 Posts
YES, it was between a V-ROD and a warrior, until i found the 109............ i like the v-rod it fit it was a nice bike, but alot of my harley friends said they did not like it so i listened a little

1 - 20 of 22 Posts