M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone though....

Hypertech or Superchips programmer?

Which one would you get for a 2005 Dodge Ram with the Hemi?

They need to make one of these for a bike ;)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
JR,anything you can't do?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J R said:
Dont waste you time...When you and the wife come here ill do it with my laptop ;)
How do you do that with a laptop? Special cable and software or something? LOL

You are THE man :)

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
BigBen said:
How do you do that with a laptop? Special cable and software or something? LOL
If its anything like the LS1 tuners I've used ,the answer is yes to both (Special cable and software) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
BigBen said:
I was wondering what everyone though....

Hypertech or Superchips programmer?

Which one would you get for a 2005 Dodge Ram with the Hemi?

They need to make one of these for a bike ;)
Get Superchips. I have a 2004 Ram Hemi that made a huge difference. Go to DodgeTalk.com. There you'll find all the info. you need.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am running the Superchips tuner on my 2005 Hemi.  It made a pretty big difference.  I have a friend with a single cab 2 wheel drive.  I have a quad cab 4x4.  He could beat me by a car length in the 1/4.  We are now pretty much equal.  (You can also update the Superchips tuner via the web)

*to clarify both trucks are pretty much stock minus exhaust mods

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
t0rch75 said:
I am running the Superchips tuner on my 2005 Hemi. It made a pretty big difference. I have a friend with a single cab 2 wheel drive. I have a quad cab 4x4. He could beat me by a car length in the 1/4. We are now pretty much equal. (You can also update the Superchips tuner via the web)

*to clarify both trucks are pretty much stock minus exhaust mods
It sounds like it has made a nice difference... how does your gas mileage do now? That is one of my biggest reasons to upgrade, since I drive almost 3000 miles a month :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Heh, gas mileage pretty much sucks. You shouldn't buy a Hemi looking to save a few Bengamins at the pump. :joke: I am averaging about 12 around town unprovoked. If I pull up to intersections next to Chevy's or Ford's frequently That drops to about 10. :evil: The best I have ever seen was just under 18. That was going through Oregon (55 mph speed limit) with the cruise set. Gears have a bit to do with it as well. I am running the 3.92's out back so I turn a few more RPM than most on the slab. 55-60 mph is the sweat spot for my rig. I love my truck to death but at 3 bucks a gallon for gas I ride most of the time until the weather gets nasty.

·
Registered
128 Posts
JR, if you don't mind me asking what did the setup run you roughly to tune a Hemi via a laptop? I am thinking about strapping a supercharger on it next summer. It would be nice to tune it myself on a dyno for my exact setup vs. what the manufacture provides.

Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
06 Quad hemi,Superchips is the way to go.Check wit Airraid,got a 130 off. I got 18 one time at 75.Realy not a gas saver,but my Tudra sucked too on gas.But she s got zip. Super chips does so much more than just tune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts