M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I will be proposing to my girl in the next few weeks and I'm looking for some really romantic ideas on how to do it. I know alot of you guys have done this before so I thought I would rack your brains along with mine. Thanks in advance.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
slickdj96 said:
Hey guys I will be proposing to my girl in the next few weeks and I'm looking for some really romantic ideas on how to do it. I know alot of you guys have done this before so I thought I would rack your brains along with mine. Thanks in advance.
I told my wife that if we got married we would get a tax deduction (true story) :redfaced:

26 year later we are still getting that deduction but that is probably not the advice you were looking for. ::)

·
Registered
629 Posts
When I decided to ask my wife to marry me I spent about two weeks planning exactly what to say. I also planned where to do it, nothing big but a little romantic. On the big day, my wife had such a terrible cold and had been laying on the couch all day that everthing had to be canceled. It was a really big thing for me to get up the courage to even ask her that I had to go through with it or it would never had happend. So I asked her, laying on the couch, with her red nose, messed up hair, in her bath robe, no make up, no romance. well I figured if I could ask a woman to marry me under such conditions then I must really Love her. She said yes. And I still love her more every day 13 years later. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
slickdj96 said:
:yikes: Good luck :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I guess you are most likely past the point where my advise to ................. "run like a screaming little girl" .......... would do any good :p ;) So all I have to say is Good Luck :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
lol just joshin' ya ,be sure to do the traditional thing and get her fathers blessing ,that way she'll know your serious and committed (or should be)
Wow! Did Perry just prove he's a good ole Southern Boy or what! :joke:

I thought I was going to be the one to suggest that :bigthumbsup: Last time I tried it, her dad told me "hell no, she aint good enough for ya"..... I listened and good thing too... 2 years later she had a kid, put on almost 150lbs and never came down... I don't mind a meaty woman but thats a bit much!

Best of luck to ya bro! Hope you come up with something cause I'm now a confirmed batchelor. 8)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Lamonster said:
I told my wife that if we got married we would get a tax deduction (true story) :redfaced:

26 year later we are still getting that deduction but that is probably not the advice you were looking for. ::)
+1.. lol i thougth we were the only goobs like that..lol (9 years for us)

·
Registered
664 Posts
what kinda girl is she? is she a real girlie girl, Tomboy, Sports fan, stay at home, quiet, shy, outragious? Depends on her type as to how ya really wanan do it... I cpuld probbaly come up with 100 ways right now.. but need to know her type...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Buy a cheap remote control car/bike, tape/tie the ring to it and drive it around the house Sunday Morning bothering her till she sees the ring.
As soon as she sees it, get down on one knee (trust me, that will be like a badge of honor to her friends for years) an propose

Sledzep

·
Registered
297 Posts
Remove the toy from a CrackerJack box. Replace with engagement ring. (Make sure it is an expensive ring so she doesn't throw it away). This way you get to taste (French) caramel popcorn after she kisses you and says YES!

I actually had it planned with a friend who worked at a MiniMarket. You pull in to the MinitMarket, make sure she goes in with you. Then buy an ice tea or something, and when she is not looking, your friend puts the CrackerJacks with your other purchase.This way it looked like you actually purchased it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Proposal??? What is this crap????

My wife asked ME to marry her!!!! I said "Sure, why not... You set it up and I'll be there..". That was 18 years ago.

I was a finance manager at the time who chased people around all the time cuz they wouldn't pay their bills. One of them was a minister. So once I caught up to him, I said "Perform our marriage and I'll give yeah 90 more days to make a payment!" He agreed and the deal was done.

Now that is southern for yeah!!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Moonbaby said:
what kinda girl is she? is she a real girlie girl, Tomboy, Sports fan, stay at home, quiet, shy, outragious? Depends on her type as to how ya really wanan do it... I cpuld probbaly come up with 100 ways right now.. but need to know her type...
She is kind of hard to explain. Sometimes she can be a girly girl, yet loves watching sports on tv (football & Moto GP racing) She also plays on a co ed volleyball team on sundays. I'm kinda leaning toward the whole treasure hunt thing where she has to go from place to place finding clues, and at the end there is me with the ring.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Here's what I did, but it would require you to wait till October to do it. My now wife and I used to carve a pumpkin each year. Well, we bought the pumpkin a couple days before we were going to carve it. I took the pumpkin and cut the bottom out and gutted it. Then I tied the ring to a ribbon and hung from the top of the pumpkin so it was dangling a couple inches down. Then I put the bottom of the pumpkin back on and held it there with a couple screws. When she cut the top of the pumpkin and removed it, the ring was dangling from the cap. That's where I got on one knee and asked her to marry me.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I asked my wife to marry me when we were at her grandmother's house with her entire family there for her birthday celebration. Her family is all very close and they always have a birthday party at her grandmother's house and we see the entire family all the time, it is actually very nice.

Well, since she was having so many presents to open, and her entire family was going to be there, felt it was the perfect time to ask her to marry me. Of course I already had asked her parents for permission and they gladly told me I could marry her, so started the process...

We had already picked out a ring together, had a custom designed ring made for her, very beautiful and intricate details and was very sentimental to her. The saleslady was in on things the entire time though, basically way over estimating how long the ring would take to finish and she thought it would not be ready for a very long time, so was not expecting it at all...

I picked out a very fancy watch and a cute teddy bear. My wife LOVES teddy bears. I put the watch around the teddy bear, and it had been pre-rigged by the jewler so once the stem was pulled out to set the time, it would fall out and that time would be stopped forever...

I got her a ton of birthday presents and she had a ton of them from her family, but the teddy bear was the last present, kept it hidden in it's packaging till the very end. When she got to that last present, I already was on my hands and knees as I had been handing her packages from the table she was sitted next to. She pulled out the teddy bear and smiled, as it was so cute and she loved it. She hugged it and then saw the watch and asked what that watch was...

At that point, her entire family is all around, knowing what is about to happen, and she just thinks she has a teddy bear with a watch in her hands... I tell her the teddy bear is a magic teddy bear, and so he has to have a special watch... she looks at me like I'm crazy and says what is so special about the watch...

I ask her to pull out the stem on the watch and she asks me what would that do... and I tell her she needs to try it and see... so of course she does and the stem comes out and the watch stops ticking.... and she is like oh no, did i just break it?

At that moment, I'm on my knees, the ring has been pulled out of my pocket where it has been hiding all along... and I tell her that you just stopped the moment in time, that I asked you to marry me... and pulled the ring out and asked her to marry me.

She breaks down crying, can't even say yes, but is shaking her head yes very much and I put the ring on her finger and we hug and her family is all happy and she is just bawling in my arms, happy as can be...

And that teddy bear still sits in our house, wearing his special watch :)

So that is how I asked my wife to marry me...

:)

G

·
Here is a cool way to propose!! You can do this just you and her...or in front of friends/ family!! Plan a night when you will both be home together, or have the parents over for dinner...whatever. Have a dozen roses(or her favorite flowers) delivered to wherever you are, with one balloon tied to the bouquet. Here's the kicker...she will not know who they are from....you play stupid..."who's sending you flowers??". Have the engagement ring tied to some ribbon INSIDE the balloon w/ some confetti...etc. On the bouquet include a card with a safety pin that simply says,"Hold balloon upside down and pop with pin!!". When she pops it....you hit a knee....the confetti blows every where and the engagement ring dangles in front of her eyes!! She glances down at you on your one knee....you ask her to marry you....she starts to cry and says....."YES!!!" THAT MY FRIEND WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Â

·
Registered
141 Posts
Delmustator said:
Proposal??? What is this crap????

My wife asked ME to marry her!!!! I said "Sure, why not... You set it up and I'll be there..". That was 18 years ago.

I was a finance manager at the time who chased people around all the time cuz they wouldn't pay their bills. One of them was a minister. So once I caught up to him, I said "Perform our marriage and I'll give yeah 90 more days to make a payment!" He agreed and the deal was done.

Now that is southern for yeah!!!!
LOL :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hope you're not on here a year or 2 later asking for the best advice on telling her you want a divorce :joke:
Congrats and good luck. It all changes. One of my favorites lines from "Clue" was "Life after death is as probable as sex after marriage."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts