M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry it's not about our beloved 109's, but there's alot of smart people here so I had to ask. My wife has an '06 C50C, it's way too quiet but she likes the looks of the stock pipes. Can i cut out the baffles and not have any performance/discoloring problems or do I need to get a fuel management system of anything along those lines?? Any help is appreciated, thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
My wife has an 06 C50... I didn't cut the baffles out, but I did drill 3 holes in the outer plate.
I was going to "De-Mickey" the pipes (Basically remove the baffles) but she said it was loud enough with the 3 holes.

Alot of good info about it on this board here...
http://www.volusiariders.com/

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If you remove them completely, I think it'll be too loud for her tastes.....in addition to the 'loud that sounds bad' loud.

I suggest you drill the outer plate as JUtah has suggested.

·
Registered
890 Posts
wildwolf said:
If you remove them completely, I think it'll be too loud for her tastes.....in addition to the 'loud that sounds bad' loud. I suggest you drill the outer plate as JUtah has suggested.
I've got a 800 Intruder as well and I drilled the baffles on 2 stages...that worked best for me and eveyone who hears it thinks it sounds great. It has a nice rumble but it's not ugly loud.

Devilish

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys!! She likes the sound on the video, but because it's fuel injected, do you need to do anything (fuel management???). I know when I de-baffled my `01 marauder, i had to adjust the mixture screws. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so thanks for the help. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I drilled 8 holes in the plate at the end of my pipes on my M50 and it sounds SWEEEEEEEEET! not too loud, but not soft at all

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
CO1 502 said:
Thanks for all the info guys!! She likes the sound on the video, but because it's fuel injected, do you need to do anything (fuel management???). I know when I de-baffled my `01 marauder, i had to adjust the mixture screws. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so thanks for the help. :bigthumbsup:
In the case of drilling the outer plate my wifes bike is still a little on the rich side. (I see brown "Stains" over time on the chrome of the pipes and the right rear Turn Signal)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts