M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered it today.... none in stock 3-4 weeks and then 2 weeks for shipping.....:mad:. I guess I should have ordered it sooner.

Oh well.... something to look forward to for the bike... it is a mod!:a18:

·
Registered
140 Posts
i placed an order sunday at 2 am on dlp ( monday really) i ordered a metz front tire and a battery tender and i got it today. heard that dlp is on top of their game but now i;m a believer. good company to do business with. thanks dlp.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couldn't afford the gi pro....:-[. There is lots of good reviews on the jsd-3m........

·
Registered
172 Posts
Couldn't afford the gi pro....:-[. There is lots of good reviews on the jsd-3m........
The JSD 3M works great. You will not regret it. I have had mine for over a year and it has worked good. I get better mileage and more power.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I put mine in last week and works great!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just got my 9 and am modding all sorts of stuff. Ducks intake, k&n filters, roadburner velocity pro and a power commander. All i need is the ducks intake back to install and take it for a tune. Im curious about the jsd 3m or whatever it is. i read a little about it, do i need do tune differently if i get it or no? need any info that you have to help. ive searched and am looking for a bit more info.

thanks in advance

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
I just got my 9 and am modding all sorts of stuff. Ducks intake, k&n filters, roadburner velocity pro and a power commander. All i need is the ducks intake back to install and take it for a tune. Im curious about the jsd 3m or whatever it is. i read a little about it, do i need do tune differently if i get it or no? need any info that you have to help. ive searched and am looking for a bit more info.

thanks in advance
You don't need to tune it differently for it. Most would rather install it before having a custom tune done, but it affects the timing not the fuel. You're fine installing it before or after a tune.

I know some have good luck with these, but there's a lot that have them go bad. I have the GiPro and I've never heard of one having a problem. They both provide the same performance benefits.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So is this product a crap shoot? Do some not work with the bike or do they not work at all? Or are they just cheaply made and eventually go bad?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The JSD 3M works great. You will not regret it. I have had mine for over a year and it has worked good. I get better mileage and more power.
:agree:

Have the same set up and it works great. Smoother and moe power in the lower gears and removes the TOP END limitation in 5th gear. Works....I tried it, 147MPH on a GPS, speedo was buried. I had left over throttle but my guts told me to slow back down. :eek:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I got the jsd 4 (has on off switch) when I first installed it I loved it but I think it may have shot craps, no diff from off or on..........

looking into the gipro, be nice to know what gear im in also

(sucks to hit first on a corner)

it will torque brake the hell out of the rear tire then trying to smooth it back out can result in a quick power slide

·
Registered
152 Posts
im pretty confused...how good is it? Worth it? Gi Pro is, from the sounds of it, more reliable.... i need to get some good intel to make an informed decision... thanks in advance

·
Registered
152 Posts
you can ignore the above, ill still welcome any info you offer, but i just searched the shizzle out of it and am learning alot

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
im pretty confused...how good is it? Worth it? Gi Pro is, from the sounds of it, more reliable.... i need to get some good intel to make an informed decision... thanks in advance
the jsd and the Gi pro are basicly the same thing however alot of users have found the jsd to be unreliabe I have a jsd for 3rd year now and no problems but the Gi pro does the same thing and offers a gear indacator and to my knolage noone has had a issue at all with the gi pro

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ive had my JSD for 2 years and no problems so far. GI pro is nice but at the time money was tight. if the JSD fails im going to go for GI pro for sure.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I started off with a JSD and had no problems with it. But several posts over the years from member saying that they had issues with it. But I believe Jeff stood behind his product. But I have had the GI-Pro for a couple of years now also. I have heard no complaints of them going bad.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Dumb question but what does the GI PRO acually do and how does it install on your bike does it give you a reading on what gear your in also.:dontknow:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dumb question but what does the GI PRO acually do and how does it install on your bike does it give you a reading on what gear your in also.:dontknow:
I had the same questions....i looked it up a DLP and found out that it has to do with timing. Gives more power in lower gears and keeps the throttle response smoother. GI pro give a gear indicator also. do a search for installs and you will come up with tons of info.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts